Re: [hreg] Solar Classes at HCC

  • Don Sandros
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2008
      While there are no current classes in Texas (?).  Here are two (2) abbreviated list of certified classes around the country.

      don

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2009
        Has there been any news of the solar classes offered by HCC?  I sent an email inquiry to Dr. Galiotos but have heard nothing in return.  It would be nice to receive some meaningful feedback.

        If anyone knows of a link or point of contact for some company that sells a decent powered portable emergency system (panel, rack, inverter, charge controller) for about $1000, it would be appreciative.  I would also like to find a solar powered emergency radio that is cheap.

        I am a novice but do have a 400 watt inverter and two 12 Volt 125 Amp hour marine batteries that I used to power a medium sized fan for 8 hours a day, a fluorescent lamp for an 2 hours and a small TV for an hour during the Hurricane Ike induced power outage that lasted for 7 days in our neighborhood.

        Each battery lasted roughly 3 days before running low and I was fortunate enough to have family within ten miles where I could recharge them using a battery charger.  I would like to be able to set up something that is simple to understand and can at least keep them charged with this type of power usage in the event that I am not able to recharge these batteries via the grid.

        I would appreciate some feedback.