Off topic- Rain forests

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 6:31 AM
      Hi,

      I know we are all concerned about what is happening to our rain forests,
      but there seems to be so little we can do about it. I have found
      something that will help a little. It is buying coffee that is grown
      in the shade, not the full sun. There are a few small plantations left
      that grow this type of coffee and they require the canopy to remain as
      is. The coffee is expensive, but it is a good quality that taste very
      rich. We normally drink a dark roast, something like a french or
      Italian, but even we find the light roast of this coffee palatable.

      The National Arbor Day Foundation is who is promoting this coffee and
      how we found out about it. Your choices are either whole bean or
      ground, regular or decaf. They ship two, 10 oz. packages at a time,
      every, 2, 4, 6, or ? weeks and the cost is $17.95 for the coffee plus
      $3.95 S&H. Credit cards and checks accepted.

      This coffee is grown in the El Triunfo Biosphere Reserve.

      Mailing Address to order:

      Rain Forest Rescue Premium Coffee
      The National Arbor Day Foundation
      P.O. Box 85453