Re: Federal Incentives for Renewable Energy

  • Randy Scott
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 9, 2008
      I haven't been back to the family farm in over ten years.

      http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/qq123/randyscott77092/Hot%20Air%
      20in%20Texas/

      http://tinyurl.com/63ebkp

      I thought you might like to see what I found in my backyard.

      Unfortunately, Greatgranddad homesteaded the valley, not the ridges,
      so we don't get any energy royalties.

      Still, it's nice to see old, conservative, redneck, republican cattle
      ranchers are being sold on the new "hippy" energy.

      Randy
    • Shafer, Mark B
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 9, 2008

        http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan/

        We should have elected T Boon Pickens for president.

        Thanks for sharing the pictures.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 9, 2008
          A professor at the University of Manitoba in Canada wrote a nice piece on some of the hardships with the Pickens Plan.  Though I fully support the efforts behind the initiative - I think it's always nice to know the challenges.  Though, hopefully, with the upcoming political changes, environmental causes might receive more attention?

          You can read the article here

          Have a great day.

          --
          Rachel
          RachelB82@...
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
            Randy,
            I ran across this announcement on the Martifer web site while doing a
            little research on RE jobs.

            "In September 2008, Martifer announced that it would establish a plant
            in the United States – in Texas, in the second half of 2009."

            http://www.martifer.pt/Construction/EN/EnergyEquipments/Wind/TorresEolic
            as.html

            Here's a RE job board. Good luck.
            http://www.greenjobs.com/public/index.aspx