Re: [hreg] grid tied system with battery backup?!

  • Jim & Janet
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2008
      A lot og generators may not be inverter compatible. the "condition" of the voltage can shut down some inverters. It's helpful to do some research first or else have the genny separate from the inverter all together.
      If you plan to connect a compatible generator to the inverter input, be sure that the genny has a "two wire" start circuit. A three wire will cause headaches and require more equipment to make it all work automatically.
      Jim