[hreg] Re: HREG December Meeting

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 11, 1999
      Thanks for the feedback on my email suggesting that the HREG join the CEC,
      Scott. The CEC is a coalition of environmental groups so we would not lose
      our identity as HREG by joining. As you say the $25 dues includes a place to
      meet so that would be valuable when we don't have a better place. I feel sure
      we would get some publicity in the regular emails that David Crossley
      (President) and Alison Dodson (Administrative Director) put out, as well as
      possibly an article in their newsletter. These folks naturally have similar
      interests to ours and I feel sure we would pick up some new members. Also we
      would not seem like total strangers or outsiders if we win the Earth Day
      award again next year, which of course we will ;-). Would appreciate some
      input from others on this.
      Charlie
    • Ewert, Mike
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 14, 1999
        I think it sounds like a good idea to join and have Charlie as our
        representative. If we hear no objections, let's just consider this an
        e-mail vote. Regarding the meeting room, though, I remember that Charlie
        found out that we must pay an air-conditioning charge, so TSU is still a
        better deal.

        Thanks for the feedback on my email suggesting that the HREG join the CEC,
        Scott. The CEC is a coalition of environmental groups so we would not lose
        our identity as HREG by joining. As you say the $25 dues includes a place to
        meet so that would be valuable when we don't have a better place. I feel
        sure
        we would get some publicity in the regular emails that David Crossley
        (President) and Alison Dodson (Administrative Director) put out, as well as
        possibly an article in their newsletter. These folks naturally have similar
        interests to ours and I feel sure we would pick up some new members. Also we
        would not seem like total strangers or outsiders if we win the Earth Day
        award again next year, which of course we will ;-). Would appreciate some
        input from others on this.
        Charlie

        Free Answers from Real People. XpertSite is creating
        the biggest directory of Experts on the Web. Click
        http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2031 for a Real
        Person who will be happy to answer your questions.

        -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=hreg&m=1