Re: Solar Tour

  • Teri Mercatante
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 6, 2008
      Two weeks ago I called and/or e mailed every tour participant advising
      of the new date. To confirm, the solar tour is Saturday, Oct 25, 10am
      - 4pm. Please check the website for additional information at
      houstonsolartour.com.
    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 16, 2008
        Teri,
        When is the website going live? TXSES is promoting the tour and want to send folks to the site.
        Thanks,
        John

        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 16, 2008
          The Solar Tour website is scheduled to be up and operational early
          next week.
          The address is www.houstonsolartour.com
        • Michael Ewert
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 19, 2008

            The website is not fully interactive yet, BUT you CAN download the tour guide now!  If you can make it to any one of the sites that is open you will be able to pick up a printed copy of that guide and use it to find other sites you would like to visit.  Be sure to come on out Saturday!  And bring your friends and neighbors!

            Thanks for spreading the word,

            Mike

            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 19, 2008
              Sorry if this has already been asked....

              But is this a guided tour where EVERYONE starts at the first location at a set time?

              Or a DIY tour? I noticed all of the locations have a specific time frame to view. But there doesn't seem to a number order to the viewing. Can I go to the specific locations that are close to me or that I have an interest in, during the viewing times?

              Thank you in advance. I have really been looking forward to this tour!

              Marc Morgan

              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 19, 2008

                You can go to any locations that you like – within the time frame for the sites. Outlying locations are from 10-2pm.  Locations inside or near 610 are from 12-4pm.  The tour ends with the Discovery Green event from 4pm to 6pm.  See the projects in any order that you like.  We did, however, try to arrange the projects in a logical order in the tour guide.

                The format is open, and the tour is free.  With over 20 different projects to see, you may want to read the tour guide, and pick the sites that are most interesting to you, and closest to you.

                Enjoy – and please send us your feed back for next year’s tour!

                Kathleen Reardon

                Solar Tour Coordinator

                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 20, 2008
                  I went last year and I had a blast. You better believe I am going again!

                  I just wanted to say "Thank you" in advance for all the work you guys
                  did putting this together - you guys are awesome!

                  - Jay

                  --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Kathleen Carrier" <kathleen@...> wrote:

                  > You can go to any locations that you like - within the time frame
                  for the
                  > sites. Outlying locations are from 10-2pm. Locations inside or near
                  610 are
                  > from 12-4pm. The tour ends with the Discovery Green event from 4pm
                  to 6pm.
                  > See the projects in any order that you like. We did, however, try to
                  > arrange the projects in a logical order in the tour guide.
                  >

                  > The format is open, and the tour is free. With over 20 different
                  projects
                  > to see, you may want to read the tour guide, and pick the sites that are
                  > most interesting to you, and closest to you.
                  >

                  > Enjoy - and please send us your feed back for next year's tour!
                  >

                  > Kathleen Reardon
                  >
                  > Solar Tour Coordinator
                  >

                  > _____

                  Of Marc
                  > Morgan
                  > Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:17 PM
                  > To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: Re: [hreg] Re: Solar Tour
                  >

                  > Sorry if this has already been asked....
                  >
                  > But is this a guided tour where EVERYONE starts at the first
                  location at a
                  > set time?
                  >
                  > Or a DIY tour? I noticed all of the locations have a specific time
                  frame to
                  > view. But there doesn't seem to a number order to the viewing. Can I
                  go to
                  > the specific locations that are close to me or that I have an
                  interest in,
                  > during the viewing times?
                  >
                  > Thank you in advance. I have really been looking forward to this tour!
                  >
                  > Marc Morgan
                  >

                  > On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Michael Ewert <mkewert@comcast.
                  > <mailto:mkewert@...> net> wrote:
                  >
                  > The website is not fully interactive yet, BUT you CAN download the tour
                  > guide now! If you can make it to any one of the sites that is open
                  you will
                  > be able to pick up a printed copy of that guide and use it to find other
                  > sites you would like to visit. Be sure to come on out Saturday!
                  And bring
                  > your friends and neighbors!
                  >
                  > Thanks for spreading the word,
                  >
                  > Mike
                  >

                  > _____
                  >
                  > From: hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg@yahoogroups.com> com
                  Behalf Of

                  <http://www.houstonsolartour.com/> r.com

                  > --
                  > Marc Morgan

                • Jeanette
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 20, 2008

                    Ditto!  Thank you for putting this event together.  My husband and I will be touring this weekend for the first time and hope to come out with some good tips to get us started on our solar adventure…

                    Jeanette

                    I went last year and I had a blast. You better believe I am going again!

                    I just wanted to say "Thank you" in advance for all the work you guys
                    did putting this together - you guys are awesome!

                    - Jay

                    --- In hreg@yahoogroups. com, "Kathleen Carrier" <kathleen@.. .> wrote:

                    > You can go to any locations that you like - within the time frame
                    for the
                    > sites. Outlying locations are from 10-2pm. Locations inside or near
                    610 are
                    > from 12-4pm. The tour ends with the Discovery Green event from 4pm
                    to 6pm.
                    > See the projects in any order that you like. We did, however, try to
                    > arrange the projects in a logical order in the tour guide.
                    >

                    > The format is open, and the tour is free. With over 20 different
                    projects
                    > to see, you may want to read the tour guide, and pick the sites that are
                    > most interesting to you, and closest to you.
                    >

                    > Enjoy - and please send us your feed back for next year's tour!
                    >

                    > Kathleen Reardon
                    >
                    > Solar Tour Coordinator
                    >

                    > _____
                    >
                    > From: hreg@yahoogroups. com
                    > Sorry if this has already been asked....
                    >
                    > But is this a guided tour where EVERYONE starts at the first
                    location at a
                    > set time?
                    >
                    > Or a DIY tour? I noticed all of the locations have a specific time
                    frame to
                    > view. But there doesn't seem to a number order to the viewing. Can I
                    go to
                    > the specific locations that are close to me or that I have an
                    interest in,
                    > during the viewing times?
                    >
                    > Thank you in advance. I have really been looking forward to this tour!
                    >
                    > Marc Morgan
                    >

                    > On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Michael Ewert <mkewert@comcast.
                    > <mailto:mkewert@ ...> net> wrote:
                    >
                    > The website is not fully interactive yet, BUT you CAN download the tour
                    > guide now! If you can make it to any one of the sites that is open
                    you will
                    > be able to pick up a printed copy of that guide and use it to find other
                    > sites you would like to visit. Be sure to come on out Saturday!
                    And bring
                    > your friends and neighbors!
                    >
                    > Thanks for spreading the word,
                    >
                    > Mike
                    >

                    > _____
                    >
                    > From: hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg@yahoogroups. com>
                    com
                    > [mailto:hreg@ yahoogroups. <mailto:
                    href="mailto:hreg%40yahoogroups.com">hreg@yahoogroups. com> com] On
                    Behalf Of
                    > Teri Mercatante
                    > Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:56 PM
                    > To: hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg@yahoogroups. com>
                    com
                    > Subject: [hreg] Re: Solar Tour
                    >

                    > The Solar Tour website is scheduled to be up and operational early
                    > next week.
                    > The address is www.houstonsolartou
                    <http://www.houstons olartour. com/> r.com

                    > --
                    > Marc Morgan

                  • Kathleen Carrier
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 20, 2008

                      If one or two people could take photos of the tour and Discovery Green event, along with a few notes to go with the photos, that would be great.

                      We can try to put them on the Solar Tour Web site (which is active now!) for everyone to see.

                      Thanks so much,

                      Kathleen

> [...]

                      you will
                      > be able to pick up a printed copy of that guide and use it to find other
                      > sites you would like to visit. Be sure to come on out Saturday!
                      And bring
                      > your friends and neighbors!
                      >
                      > Thanks for spreading the word,
                      >
                      > Mike
                      >

                      > _____
                      >
                      > From: hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg@yahoogroups. com>
                      com
                      > [mailto:hreg@ yahoogroups. <mailto:
                      href="mailto:hreg%40yahoogroups.com">hreg@yahoogroups. com> com] On
                      Behalf Of
                      > Teri Mercatante
                      > Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:56 PM
                      > To: hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg@yahoogroups. com>
                      com
                      > Subject: [hreg] Re: Solar Tour
                      >

                      > The Solar Tour website is scheduled to be up and operational early

                    • Jeanette
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 20, 2008

                        Are you wanting these before or right after the tour?

                        Jeanette

> [...]

                        you will
                        > be able to pick up a printed copy of that guide and use it to find other
                        > sites you would like to visit. Be sure to come on out Saturday!
                        And bring
                        > your friends and neighbors!
                        >
                        > Thanks for spreading the word,
                        >
                        > Mike
                        >

                        > _____
                        >
                        > From: hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg@yahoogroups. com>
                        com
                        > [mailto:hreg@ yahoogroups. <mailto:
                        href="mailto:hreg%40yahoogroups.com">hreg@yahoogroups. com> com] On
                        Behalf Of
                        > Teri Mercatante
                        > Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:56 PM
                        > To: hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg@yahoogroups. com>
                        com
                        > Subject: [hreg] Re: Solar Tour
                        >

                        > The Solar Tour website is scheduled to be up and operational early

                      • Kathleen Carrier
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 20, 2008

                          Sometime after the tour – just pictures of people enjoying the tour, the tour hosts, etc.  It’s great to have a record of the event – and have the photos on hand to put up on the solar tour web site, and HREG web site later.

                          Thanks, Kathleen.

> [...]

                          you will
                          > be able to pick up a printed copy of that guide and use it to find other
                          > sites you would like to visit. Be sure to come on out Saturday!
                          And bring
                          > your friends and neighbors!
                          >
                          > Thanks for spreading the word,
                          >
                          > Mike
                          >

                          > _____
                          >
                          > From: hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg@yahoogroups. com>
                          com
                          > [mailto:hreg@ yahoogroups. <mailto:
                          href="mailto:hreg%40yahoogroups.com">hreg@yahoogroups. com> com] On
                          Behalf Of
                          > Teri Mercatante
                          > Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:56 PM
                          > To: hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg@yahoogroups. com>
                          com
                          > Subject: [hreg] Re: Solar Tour
                          >

                          > The Solar Tour website is scheduled to be up and operational early

                        • Stephanie Edwards-Musa

                            Ditto!  Thank you for putting this event together.  My husband and I will be touring this weekend for the first time and hope to come out with some good tips to get us started on our solar adventure‚Ķ

                            Jeanette

                            I went last year and I had a blast. You better believe I am going again!

                            I just wanted to say "Thank you" in advance for all the work you guys
                            did putting this together - you guys are awesome!

                            - Jay

                            --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Kathleen Carrier" <kathleen@...> wrote:

                            > You can go to any locations that you like - within the time frame
                            for the
                            > sites. Outlying locations are from 10-2pm. Locations inside or near
                            610 are
                            > from 12-4pm. The tour ends with the Discovery Green event from 4pm
                            to 6pm.
                            > See the projects in any order that you like. We did, however, try to
                            > arrange the projects in a logical order in the tour guide.
                            >

                            > The format is open, and the tour is free. With over 20 different
                            projects
                            > to see, you may want to read the tour guide, and pick the sites that are
                            > most interesting to you, and closest to you.
                            >

                            > Enjoy - and please send us your feed back for next year's tour!
                            >

                            > Kathleen Reardon
                            >
                            > Solar Tour Coordinator
                            >

                            > _____

                            Stephanie Edwards-Musa