Re: Dear Centerpoint Energy- Renewable Energy vs. War

  • Bill Tarbox
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi Henry,

      I completely agree with you (and have been "preaching" this since the FIRST Gulf War) regarding the matter of investing in renewable energy versus starting a bogus war for oil. It is just insane but some of the Bush administration's strongest support is from the oil & gas industry. This is why I mentioned the "Thank you" to Reagan for gutting all the renewable energy R & D programs started during President Carter's term in office. Reagan came in and scrapped ALL of them! With 20/20 hindsight, that (along with a few other things like the killing of the electric car by the auto industry - See documentary "Who Killed The Electric Car" - if you haven't watched it, well...) was a major turning point in our nation's future to date.

      "Who Killed The Electric Car" links:

      Regards!
      Bill Tarbox
      Magnolia, TX