sustainable trends

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2008
      The following just came through on another list I am on and I thought
      some of you might be interested. Aquaponics are fun to set up, but they
      do survive hurricanes better than greenhouses.
      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      Found an incredible story in my latest issue of Eco-structure (
      www.eco-structure.com ). It is a free trade magazine that reports on
      many sustainable trends, products and construction projects.

      The story portrayed a new company that uses greenhouses on grocery
      store roofs to raise produce for sale in the store. They use a
      combination of rainwater catchment, solar panels, composting and
      aquaponics to provide a complete system. Very cool and definitely of
      interest to me. This is one of the best applications of a green roof
      to utilize wasted space, provide locally grown produce and provide a
      visible promotion of sustainable agriculture. They even put a video
      link of the greenhouse in the produce section. It is worth a look to
      any interested in making money in aquaponics. Give them a look at
      www.skyvegetables.com and let us know if anyone sees there operation
      nearby.