Projected electric rates?

  • Henry Haynes
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2008

      Does anyone have a good independent source (or two) for projected electric rates over the next ten years or so?  I’m looking seriously at installing solar panels on our house, &, based on today’s rates vs. system cost, it’s difficult.  But, we know electric rates are going to continue to go up.  The question is how much.  If I were to build a curve based on our rates over the past couple of years, it would probably be approaching vertical in a few years (slight exaggeration).  I have a proposal in hand that includes a long term projection.  I have no reason to doubt its accuracy, but I’d like to see another source or two that confirms it.  Can anyone help me w/ some projections from other respectable sources?

      Thanks,

      Henry

      Checked by AVG.

    • Bashir Syed
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2008

        Check out the Electric Power Research Institute aka EPRI (Stanford University).

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
          The Energy Information Administration estimates trends out to 2030 for retail electricity
          rates. Should be a solid basis for long term projections.

          http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/aeo/electricity.html