Re: [hreg] New HREG business members list

  • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      There is an event that is going to be December 13th that I thought a lot of you may be interested in.  Right now it is proposed to be at the Houston Technology Center from 9-4.  Admission is free and lunch will be served.

      It is Green Bar Camp which is an ad hoc unconference, a casual event. Basically, a few people thought it would be a good idea to gather executives, entrepreneurs, students, and anyone else involved in any corner of the green industry to get together one day to network and gather ideas on how to get the word out that Houston is leading in the green industry, not just oil and gas...as well as raise awareness on green and renewable energy to the general public.

      There will be a strong influence on Renewable Energy as well as Green Building.  We are also hoping to get in the organic retail storefronts and farmers markets involved.  The way it usually works is everyone gathers in the morning and then schedules 'break out' sessions where anyone can and is encouraged to present on any topic they would like to speak about as it relates to green, sustainable and renewable energy.

      Here is a link to read more about it:

      http://www.startuphouston.com/2008/08/24/save-the-dates-biocamp-and-greencamp-houston/

      I'll post more information as it comes available.  We are trying to get several large corporations involved as well as the smaller entrepreneurs.  Right now one of the speakers that will be there is one on algae for biofuel, but we have a lot more coming.

      Stephanie Edwards-Musa
      Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
      Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
      www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
      Steph@...

      On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Michael Ewert <mkewert@...> wrote:

      We have updated the HREG business members list and added additional information.  For your convenient reference, it is attached in MS Word format.  Please consider this a draft and don't forward it on.  And let me know if you notice any errors please.  Soon the final version will be posted on our website.

      --

    • Jim & Janet
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
        Michael
        to update the information on North Texas Renewable Energy Inc:
        thanks
        Jim Duncan

        Business name:
        North Texas Renewable Energy Inc.

        Contact/email
        Jim Duncan ntrei@...

        Address/phone:
        4029 Aragon Drive Fort Worth Texas 76133
        817.917.0527

        www site:
        Products/services:
        Specializing in Full Service Solar Electric Design, Installation and Consultation for grid tied and off grid energy systems.

        In business since:
        1993

        Listed w/Houston BBB
        No

        TREIA Member
        Since 2003

        Employees:
        n/a

        Installs:
        n/a

        Certification/Membership:
        IREC-NEC Compliance Training
        PV & NEC Workshop-John Wiles
        Alternative Energy Institute (W Tx A&M Univ) wind training course
        Solargeneix solar water heating -Bill Guiney
        Surrette Battery Technical Training
        Grundfos Technical Groundwater Course
        Dealer for: Kyocera, SunWise, ThinkSolar
        Texas Solar Energy Society
        American Solar Energy Society
        International Solar Energy Society

        Warranty:
        Full five year Installation Warranty

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
          I don't have a problem adding sustainable farmers to our business members
          list. For anyone new, just send me your info. Of course if we start
          getting requests from people who ride their bike to their open air tanning
          salon or something like that, we may have to start drawing a line.