Re: [hreg] New HREG business members list

  • Ed Sarlls
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
      Food looks like renewable energy for people, animals, etc.

      My 2 cents,

      Ed
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
        Hi Everyone,

        There is an event that is going to be December 13th that I thought a lot of you may be interested in.  Right now it is proposed to be at the Houston Technology Center from 9-4.  Admission is free and lunch will be served.

        It is Green Bar Camp which is an ad hoc unconference, a casual event. Basically, a few people thought it would be a good idea to gather executives, entrepreneurs, students, and anyone else involved in any corner of the green industry to get together one day to network and gather ideas on how to get the word out that Houston is leading in the green industry, not just oil and gas...as well as raise awareness on green and renewable energy to the general public.

        There will be a strong influence on Renewable Energy as well as Green Building.  We are also hoping to get in the organic retail storefronts and farmers markets involved.  The way it usually works is everyone gathers in the morning and then schedules 'break out' sessions where anyone can and is encouraged to present on any topic they would like to speak about as it relates to green, sustainable and renewable energy.

        Here is a link to read more about it:

        http://www.startuphouston.com/2008/08/24/save-the-dates-biocamp-and-greencamp-houston/

        I'll post more information as it comes available.  We are trying to get several large corporations involved as well as the smaller entrepreneurs.  Right now one of the speakers that will be there is one on algae for biofuel, but we have a lot more coming.

        Stephanie Edwards-Musa
        Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
        Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
        www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
        Steph@...

        --

      • Jim & Janet
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
          Michael
          to update the information on North Texas Renewable Energy Inc:
          thanks
          Jim Duncan

          Business name:
          North Texas Renewable Energy Inc.

          Contact/email
          Jim Duncan ntrei@...

          Address/phone:
          4029 Aragon Drive Fort Worth Texas 76133
          817.917.0527

          www site:
          Products/services:
          Specializing in Full Service Solar Electric Design, Installation and Consultation for grid tied and off grid energy systems.

          In business since:
          1993

          Listed w/Houston BBB
          No

          TREIA Member
          Since 2003

          Employees:
          n/a

          Installs:
          n/a

          Certification/Membership:
          IREC-NEC Compliance Training
          PV & NEC Workshop-John Wiles
          Alternative Energy Institute (W Tx A&M Univ) wind training course
          Solargeneix solar water heating -Bill Guiney
          Surrette Battery Technical Training
          Grundfos Technical Groundwater Course
          Dealer for: Kyocera, SunWise, ThinkSolar
          Texas Solar Energy Society
          American Solar Energy Society
          International Solar Energy Society

          Warranty:
          Full five year Installation Warranty

          We have updated the HREG business members list and added additional information.  For your convenient reference, it is attached in MS Word format.  Please consider this a draft and don’t forward it on.  And let me know if you notice any errors please.  Soon the final version will be posted on our website.

        • Michael Ewert
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
            I don't have a problem adding sustainable farmers to our business members
            list. For anyone new, just send me your info. Of course if we start
            getting requests from people who ride their bike to their open air tanning
            salon or something like that, we may have to start drawing a line.