Re: [hreg] New HREG business members list

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008

      Is local, sustainable food part of renewable energy? If it is, may I
      suggest that listing our farmers may also be part of this.

      Obviously I think it is, but then again, I have a personal agenda, I am
      a sustainable farmer. Renewable energy is getting to be more and more a
      part of my business, especially since we have moved into aquaponics.

      At one time we had a member that did diesel conversions to run on veggie
      oil, I don't see them listed and I don't remember the email anymore to
      see if they are still members.

      Also, at this time I think we should issue an invitation to our new
      members to contact Mike to be added to the list. I would like to see
      most of the blanks on the form filled in, it would be nice if it was
      complete.

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      Michael Ewert wrote:
      > We have updated the HREG business members list and added additional
      > information. For your convenient reference, it is attached in MS Word
      > format. Please consider this a draft and don’t forward it on. And let
      > me know if you notice any errors please. Soon the final version will be
      > posted on our website.

    • Ed Sarlls
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
        Food looks like renewable energy for people, animals, etc.

        My 2 cents,

        Ed
        > Is local, sustainable food part of renewable energy? If it is, may I
        > suggest that listing our farmers may also be part of this.
        >
        > Obviously I think it is, but then again, I have a personal agenda, I am
        > a sustainable farmer. Renewable energy is getting to be more and more a
        > part of my business, especially since we have moved into aquaponics.
        >
        > At one time we had a member that did diesel conversions to run on veggie
        > oil, I don't see them listed and I don't remember the email anymore to
        > see if they are still members.
        >
        > Also, at this time I think we should issue an invitation to our new
        > members to contact Mike to be added to the list. I would like to see
        > most of the blanks on the form filled in, it would be nice if it was
        > complete.
        >
        > Bright Blessings,
        > Kim
        >
        > Michael Ewert wrote:
        >> We have updated the HREG business members list and added additional
        >> information. For your convenient reference, it is attached in MS Word
        >> format. Please consider this a draft and don’t forward it on. And let
        >> me know if you notice any errors please. Soon the final version will be
        >> posted on our website.

      • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
          Hi Everyone,

          There is an event that is going to be December 13th that I thought a lot of you may be interested in.  Right now it is proposed to be at the Houston Technology Center from 9-4.  Admission is free and lunch will be served.

          It is Green Bar Camp which is an ad hoc unconference, a casual event. Basically, a few people thought it would be a good idea to gather executives, entrepreneurs, students, and anyone else involved in any corner of the green industry to get together one day to network and gather ideas on how to get the word out that Houston is leading in the green industry, not just oil and gas...as well as raise awareness on green and renewable energy to the general public.

          There will be a strong influence on Renewable Energy as well as Green Building.  We are also hoping to get in the organic retail storefronts and farmers markets involved.  The way it usually works is everyone gathers in the morning and then schedules 'break out' sessions where anyone can and is encouraged to present on any topic they would like to speak about as it relates to green, sustainable and renewable energy.

          Here is a link to read more about it:

          http://www.startuphouston.com/2008/08/24/save-the-dates-biocamp-and-greencamp-houston/

          I'll post more information as it comes available.  We are trying to get several large corporations involved as well as the smaller entrepreneurs.  Right now one of the speakers that will be there is one on algae for biofuel, but we have a lot more coming.

          Stephanie Edwards-Musa
          Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
          Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
          www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
          Steph@...

          --

        • Jim & Janet
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
            Michael
            to update the information on North Texas Renewable Energy Inc:
            thanks
            Jim Duncan

            Business name:
            North Texas Renewable Energy Inc.

            Contact/email
            Jim Duncan ntrei@...

            Address/phone:
            4029 Aragon Drive Fort Worth Texas 76133
            817.917.0527

            www site:
            Products/services:
            Specializing in Full Service Solar Electric Design, Installation and Consultation for grid tied and off grid energy systems.

            In business since:
            1993

            Listed w/Houston BBB
            No

            TREIA Member
            Since 2003

            Employees:
            n/a

            Installs:
            n/a

            Certification/Membership:
            IREC-NEC Compliance Training
            PV & NEC Workshop-John Wiles
            Alternative Energy Institute (W Tx A&M Univ) wind training course
            Solargeneix solar water heating -Bill Guiney
            Surrette Battery Technical Training
            Grundfos Technical Groundwater Course
            Dealer for: Kyocera, SunWise, ThinkSolar
            Texas Solar Energy Society
            American Solar Energy Society
            International Solar Energy Society

            Warranty:
            Full five year Installation Warranty

            We have updated the HREG business members list and added additional information.  For your convenient reference, it is attached in MS Word format.  Please consider this a draft and don’t forward it on.  And let me know if you notice any errors please.  Soon the final version will be posted on our website.

          • Michael Ewert
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
              I don't have a problem adding sustainable farmers to our business members
              list. For anyone new, just send me your info. Of course if we start
              getting requests from people who ride their bike to their open air tanning
              salon or something like that, we may have to start drawing a line.