New HREG business members list

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1 6:50 PM

      We have updated the HREG business members list and added additional information.  For your convenient reference, it is attached in MS Word format.  Please consider this a draft and don’t forward it on.  And let me know if you notice any errors please.  Soon the final version will be posted on our website.

    • Garth & Kim Travis
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1 7:13 PM
        Greetings,

        Is local, sustainable food part of renewable energy? If it is, may I
        suggest that listing our farmers may also be part of this.

        Obviously I think it is, but then again, I have a personal agenda, I am
        a sustainable farmer. Renewable energy is getting to be more and more a
        part of my business, especially since we have moved into aquaponics.

        At one time we had a member that did diesel conversions to run on veggie
        oil, I don't see them listed and I don't remember the email anymore to
        see if they are still members.

        Also, at this time I think we should issue an invitation to our new
        members to contact Mike to be added to the list. I would like to see
        most of the blanks on the form filled in, it would be nice if it was
        complete.

        Bright Blessings,
        Kim

        Michael Ewert wrote:
        > We have updated the HREG business members list and added additional
        > information. For your convenient reference, it is attached in MS Word
        > format. Please consider this a draft and don’t forward it on. And let
        > me know if you notice any errors please. Soon the final version will be
        > posted on our website.

      • Ed Sarlls
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1 10:01 PM
          Food looks like renewable energy for people, animals, etc.

          My 2 cents,

          Ed
          > Is local, sustainable food part of renewable energy? If it is, may I
          > suggest that listing our farmers may also be part of this.
          >
          > Obviously I think it is, but then again, I have a personal agenda, I am
          > a sustainable farmer. Renewable energy is getting to be more and more a
          > part of my business, especially since we have moved into aquaponics.
          >
          > At one time we had a member that did diesel conversions to run on veggie
          > oil, I don't see them listed and I don't remember the email anymore to
          > see if they are still members.
          >
          > Also, at this time I think we should issue an invitation to our new
          > members to contact Mike to be added to the list. I would like to see
          > most of the blanks on the form filled in, it would be nice if it was
          > complete.
          >
          > Bright Blessings,
          > Kim
          >
          > Michael Ewert wrote:
          >> We have updated the HREG business members list and added additional
          >> information. For your convenient reference, it is attached in MS Word
          >> format. Please consider this a draft and don’t forward it on. And let
          >> me know if you notice any errors please. Soon the final version will be
          >> posted on our website.

        • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2 5:51 AM
            Hi Everyone,

            There is an event that is going to be December 13th that I thought a lot of you may be interested in.  Right now it is proposed to be at the Houston Technology Center from 9-4.  Admission is free and lunch will be served.

            It is Green Bar Camp which is an ad hoc unconference, a casual event. Basically, a few people thought it would be a good idea to gather executives, entrepreneurs, students, and anyone else involved in any corner of the green industry to get together one day to network and gather ideas on how to get the word out that Houston is leading in the green industry, not just oil and gas...as well as raise awareness on green and renewable energy to the general public.

            There will be a strong influence on Renewable Energy as well as Green Building.  We are also hoping to get in the organic retail storefronts and farmers markets involved.  The way it usually works is everyone gathers in the morning and then schedules 'break out' sessions where anyone can and is encouraged to present on any topic they would like to speak about as it relates to green, sustainable and renewable energy.

            Here is a link to read more about it:

            http://www.startuphouston.com/2008/08/24/save-the-dates-biocamp-and-greencamp-houston/

            I'll post more information as it comes available.  We are trying to get several large corporations involved as well as the smaller entrepreneurs.  Right now one of the speakers that will be there is one on algae for biofuel, but we have a lot more coming.

            Stephanie Edwards-Musa
            Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
            Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
            www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
            Steph@...

            --

          • Jim & Janet
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2 9:03 AM
              Michael
              to update the information on North Texas Renewable Energy Inc:
              thanks
              Jim Duncan

              Business name:
              North Texas Renewable Energy Inc.

              Contact/email
              Jim Duncan ntrei@...

              Address/phone:
              4029 Aragon Drive Fort Worth Texas 76133
              817.917.0527

              www site:
              Products/services:
              Specializing in Full Service Solar Electric Design, Installation and Consultation for grid tied and off grid energy systems.

              In business since:
              1993

              Listed w/Houston BBB
              No

              TREIA Member
              Since 2003

              Employees:
              n/a

              Installs:
              n/a

              Certification/Membership:
              IREC-NEC Compliance Training
              PV & NEC Workshop-John Wiles
              Alternative Energy Institute (W Tx A&M Univ) wind training course
              Solargeneix solar water heating -Bill Guiney
              Surrette Battery Technical Training
              Grundfos Technical Groundwater Course
              Dealer for: Kyocera, SunWise, ThinkSolar
              Texas Solar Energy Society
              American Solar Energy Society
              International Solar Energy Society

              Warranty:
              Full five year Installation Warranty

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3 6:57 PM
                I don't have a problem adding sustainable farmers to our business members
                list. For anyone new, just send me your info. Of course if we start
                getting requests from people who ride their bike to their open air tanning
                salon or something like that, we may have to start drawing a line.