[hreg] Re: HREG December Meeting

  • s askew
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 1999
      I agree we should join the CEC but believe we should
      remain with our own identity of HREG. Membership cost
      inlcudes being able to meet at their building so its
      definitely worth it.

    • ChasMauch@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 11, 1999
        Thanks for the feedback on my email suggesting that the HREG join the CEC,
        Scott. The CEC is a coalition of environmental groups so we would not lose
        our identity as HREG by joining. As you say the $25 dues includes a place to
        meet so that would be valuable when we don't have a better place. I feel sure
        we would get some publicity in the regular emails that David Crossley
        (President) and Alison Dodson (Administrative Director) put out, as well as
        possibly an article in their newsletter. These folks naturally have similar
        interests to ours and I feel sure we would pick up some new members. Also we
        would not seem like total strangers or outsiders if we win the Earth Day
        award again next year, which of course we will ;-). Would appreciate some
        input from others on this.
        Charlie
      • Ewert, Mike
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 14, 1999
          I think it sounds like a good idea to join and have Charlie as our
          representative. If we hear no objections, let's just consider this an
          e-mail vote. Regarding the meeting room, though, I remember that Charlie
          found out that we must pay an air-conditioning charge, so TSU is still a
          better deal.

          Thanks for the feedback on my email suggesting that the HREG join the CEC,
          Scott. The CEC is a coalition of environmental groups so we would not lose
          our identity as HREG by joining. As you say the $25 dues includes a place to
          meet so that would be valuable when we don't have a better place. I feel
          sure
          we would get some publicity in the regular emails that David Crossley
          (President) and Alison Dodson (Administrative Director) put out, as well as
          possibly an article in their newsletter. These folks naturally have similar
          interests to ours and I feel sure we would pick up some new members. Also we
          would not seem like total strangers or outsiders if we win the Earth Day
          award again next year, which of course we will ;-). Would appreciate some
          input from others on this.
          Charlie

          Free Answers from Real People. XpertSite is creating
          the biggest directory of Experts on the Web. Click
          http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2031 for a Real
          Person who will be happy to answer your questions.

          -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=hreg&m=1