Re: [hreg] Re: Response to Louis Questions About Solar and Some CFL Info

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 24, 2008
      Be aware that what people are calling renewable may not necesarily be green. Read through the previous comments on this forum so you can understand a little better.  Welcome to the group.

      From: texasblessings <texasblessings@ yahoo.com>
      To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 4:28 AM

      We recently switched our power provider, too. I went to
      www.powertochoose. org and found that Stream Energy also has a 100%
      renewables plan. They call it "Clean & Green" and it was 14.6 cents
      per KWH for my area, for my business it was less than 10 cents per
      KWH! We were paying 19.9 cents with our current provoder, so we got
      to save money & GH emmissions too! I hope that helps!
      --- In hreg@yahoogroups. com, "ajsinits" <ajsinits@.. .> wrote:

      > --- In hreg@yahoogroups. com, "Louis" <louis713@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks for letting me in,
      > >
      > > i have a couple of questions ?
      > >
      > > does anyone know of any lower cost power companys in houston?
      > > and does anyone know how or where I can go to get solar panels
      > > installed, purchazed, built. do it your self stuff or any
      information
      > > at all on these subjects locally in houston,
      > >
      > > thanks
      > >
      > > louis
      > >
      > louis,
      >
      > For solar panel installer, you can contact SRE3 (Standard Renewable
      > Energy). They have an office here in Houston. Their phone number is
      > (877)923-7733. If you really want to go green with your energy
      needs
      > right now while planning your solar project, try to explore Green
      > Mountain Energy. They are a little bit more expensive but they are
      the
      > only company in which their electricity only comes from hydro &
      > geothermal or 100% wind. NO FOSSIL FUEL.......Besides they were
      > recently named NO. 1 for customer satisfaction. Another benefit,
      > you'll free consultation from SRE3 for your solar power plans and
      > discounted energy audit if you are a Green Mountain Energy
      customer.

      > This is out of topic but just FYI to all, there is a CFL that has
      only
      > 1 mg of Mercury compared to the ones you can find at Home Depot and
      > Lowes. It is called Neolite and manufactured by Litetronics, Inc.
      It
      > is also ROHS Certified. You can buy them at 1000Bulbs.com . They
      are
      > located in Garland,TX so the shipping is not from out of state.
      Their
      > phone number is 800-624-4488.
      >
      > raymond

    • Louis Magoo
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 26, 2008
        ok thanks i will read them, and thanks for the welcome