Re: [hreg] Re+ [HoustonPeakOil] Is natural gas the new panacea?

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2008
      I love it!

      --- On Sun, 8/17/08, Ariel T. <ajthomann@...> wrote:
      From: Ariel T. <ajthomann@...>
      Subject: [hreg] Re+ [HoustonPeakOil] Is natural gas the new panacea?
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 9:09 AM

      - I object to the phrase "the new panacea".  It's too close to the idea of "the magic silver bullet".
      - The weapon to defeat the world's energy problems is NOT a rifle.  It's a two-barrel shotgun.
      - - Natural gas is one of the birdshot in the shotgun shell in one barrel.  Anything that's non-renewable is no better than small birdshot.  The buckshot in the shell must be PV, wind, geothermal, tidal, etc.
      - - Then there's the other barrel.  The shell to be loaded in it is called "conservation" -- make your own list of ingredients.  But do load it soon, and shoot it now!
      Ariel
      - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
      - All countries need NO REGRETS strategic policies regarding every non-renewable resource, including water.