Monday 8/18 - energy saving groups

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2008
      Energy Saving Support Groups Forming

      Join our support group and learn how to save $1,000 a year on your
      home and transportation energy bills. In yesterday's group I
      learned that just airing up my tires will improve gas mileage by 3
      miles per gallon. Have you wanted to caulk your house or install a
      radiant barrier but weren't sure how? Ask the architect in each
      group. Meet neighbors who can give you tips. The groups are
      organized by City of Houston, American Institute of Architects and
      Greener Living for Houston. Groups will have four evening
      sessions. Graduates of our program will be asked to help put
      together a new group at their civic club, church, etc.

      Two groups are starting on Monday, August 18th, 6pm, the
      Galleria-area group meeting at Looscan Library, 2510 Willowick and
      the Montrose-area group at the Montrose library, 4100
      Montrose. RSVP to Nan Hildreth at NanHildreth@... or
      713-842-6643 or Luis.Nunez@... 713-837-7755

      Nan Hildreth 713-842-6643

      Action is the antidote to despair....
      Joan Baez
    • Susan Dancer
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2008
        Any chance there will be groups forming in the Southern or Western counties?

        Montrose. RSVP to Nan Hildreth at NanHildreth@ riseup.net or
        713-842-6643 or Luis.Nunez@cityofho uston.net 713-837-7755

      • phil6142@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13, 2008
          This sounds like an Awesome program.  I recently moved out to Sugar Land and would also be interested in something on the south west side.

          Thanks,

          Phillip

        • Nan Hildreth
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2008
            Dear Phillip and Susan,

            We'd be happy to help you organize a group in your area, but we'd
            prefer that you first participate in one of the existing groups. You
            both are in the southwest, so perhaps you could work
            together. Susan's email is Susan Dancer <texasblessings@...>

            Nan Hildreth, 713-842-6643