[hreg] Re: HREG December Meeting

  • Michael Bolinger
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 1999
      Please remove my name from the HREG email list. Thank you.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 1999
        I agree we should join the CEC but believe we should
        remain with our own identity of HREG. Membership cost
        inlcudes being able to meet at their building so its
        definitely worth it.

      • ChasMauch@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 11, 1999
          Thanks for the feedback on my email suggesting that the HREG join the CEC,
          Scott. The CEC is a coalition of environmental groups so we would not lose
          our identity as HREG by joining. As you say the $25 dues includes a place to
          meet so that would be valuable when we don't have a better place. I feel sure
          we would get some publicity in the regular emails that David Crossley
          (President) and Alison Dodson (Administrative Director) put out, as well as
          possibly an article in their newsletter. These folks naturally have similar
          interests to ours and I feel sure we would pick up some new members. Also we
          would not seem like total strangers or outsiders if we win the Earth Day
          award again next year, which of course we will ;-). Would appreciate some
          input from others on this.
          Charlie
        • Ewert, Mike
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 14, 1999
            I think it sounds like a good idea to join and have Charlie as our
            representative. If we hear no objections, let's just consider this an
            e-mail vote. Regarding the meeting room, though, I remember that Charlie
            found out that we must pay an air-conditioning charge, so TSU is still a
            better deal.

            Thanks for the feedback on my email suggesting that the HREG join the CEC,
            Scott. The CEC is a coalition of environmental groups so we would not lose
            our identity as HREG by joining. As you say the $25 dues includes a place to
            meet so that would be valuable when we don't have a better place. I feel
            sure
            we would get some publicity in the regular emails that David Crossley
            (President) and Alison Dodson (Administrative Director) put out, as well as
            possibly an article in their newsletter. These folks naturally have similar
            interests to ours and I feel sure we would pick up some new members. Also we
            would not seem like total strangers or outsiders if we win the Earth Day
            award again next year, which of course we will ;-). Would appreciate some
            input from others on this.
            Charlie

            Free Answers from Real People. XpertSite is creating
            the biggest directory of Experts on the Web. Click
            http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2031 for a Real
            Person who will be happy to answer your questions.

            -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=hreg&m=1