RE: [hreg] Petrolistan and solar energy

  • Robert Johnston
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2008

      I know enough economics to know that if someone could answer your question with certainty—i.e., predict the direction of oil prices, magnitude of solar cell price reduction and currency exchange rates over the next few years—they would not be wasting time reading this discussion but would be relaxing on their private beach in the Bahamas or flying their Gulfstream to Davos.  Personally, with the dollar having already dropped a lot, with oil at all time highs, and with solar cells expected to decrease in price, I think waiting wouldn’t be a bad option unless you have immediate need for it.  But who really knows?!

      Robert Johnston