Re: Boone Pickens' energy plan

  • Randy Scott
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11 10:31 AM
      No replacement parts?
      That's odd - a company I worked for in Dallas was Rochester Gauges.
      They have a subsidiary called Gas Equipment Company who not only do
      conversions of fleet vehicles but also supply parts.

      Randy

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Rohini & Ethan <rohinib@...> wrote:

      > The state agency I work for used CNG powered vehicles (pickups,
      > sedans, vans) for about 10 years, at least several hundred were
      > operating at one time statewide. But in the past 24 months, we
      ended
      > the effort due to the industry not able to supply replacement
      parts
      > to maintain the systems.
      >
      > ethan
      >

      > On Jul 9, 2008, at 4:35 PM, David Power wrote:
      >

      > > The city of San Antonio is converting a lot of its diesel buses
      > > run on LNG, several of the San Antonio school districts are also
      > > converting, some to LNG some to propane, the cost of the fuel
      > > currently less than half the equivalent cost of diesel and it
      > > reduces air pollution as well.
      > >

      > > David

    • Jack Wagner (HSN)
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11 10:37 AM

        I looked into buying a LNG vehicle at a government auction a few years back. The cars were available and priced reasonable. When I checked on fuel availability in Houston , the main distribution center here was trying to unload their fueling stations due to lack of interest/profit. If I remember correctly, they were owned or a subsidiary of Reliant.

      • phil6142@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 11 11:44 AM
          I am not sure about local filling stations but here are three links to companies that I know of supplying parts for NG vehichles.  Not local but I am sure they can deliver.

          http://www.hendrixsystems.com/
          http://www.impco.ws/

          http://www.qtww.com/index.php

          Phillip