Major Southern glacier breaking up IN WINTER

  • Ariel T.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2008
      From the Buenos Aires Herald (opening 'teaser'):
      - - - - - - - - - -
      "Hundreds of tourists flock to Calafate, Santa Cruz
      "Perito Moreno glacier to rupture today
      "Hundreds of tourists arrived in Santa Cruz yesterday to witness the Perito Moreno glacier break into the lake amid the breathtaking landscapes of El Calafate. The glacier rupture is expected to take place today in the early hours, the first time it happens in winter.
      Los Glaciares national park head Carlos... "
      Live video stream via La Nación newspaper: http://www.alsolnet.com/stream/glaciar/vivo.asx but you may need to try it repeatedly (kind of like watching baby pandas at the Washington zoo -- too many people trying to get in at the same time).
      Ariel
      - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
      - All countries need NO REGRETS strategic policies regarding every non-renewable resource, including water.