RE: [hreg] Happy Birthday (?)

  • Jack Wagner (HSN)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2008

      Well, I just bought a 1998 Suzuki Swift (Geo Metro twin) with a 1.3 four banger which gets around 40 mpg. It cost $1900 and seems to run pretty good (so far). I parked the Ranger which got 17 mpg in the city. I haven’t done the math but am thinking the break even will be a couple of years. With college-aged kids, I couldn’t afford the 25k for a Prius. But there are lower-priced options if you’re willing to drive a used car. I have to be honest – my primary motivation was saving money.