RE: [hreg] Why can't we do this in America

  • Gary Beck
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 1, 2008

      I love it. Just in time for the 4th of July.

      Okay, let me get this straight. You live in a country that leads by example and by goodness, and because it is the first one down the path, occasionally stumbles, but always has regained its footing.

      Yet, you think America, a country founded and shaped by immigrants, is a bad, dumb, bully. And mysteriously the countries that supplied America's immigrants are all good, smart, and peaceful.

      Hmmm,…maybe there's something in our water.

      My July 4th Responses:

      1. You are oblivious to the comfort and safety that is provided by this great country. Go rent 'Kite Runner' to adjust your perspective.

      2. Buy some solar PVs, disconnect your meter, and buy some sturdy lawn chairs since you will be more comfortable outside.

      3. Then sell your car, buy a bike, a Metro Pass, and start a vegetable garden. Then buy a beer cooler to set 'tween them lawn chairs.

      4. Finally, quit complaining and electing those crooks, and send me a list of their names - I'm from Joisey, …I know a guy who knows a guy….

      I worked for a German company for 5 years and have traveled to China many times. Great experiences and great cultures that each specifically value technology, engineers, designers, and education.

      And like the USA, also countries whose economies run 98% on oil, gas, and coal. So get used to it, buy only efficient appliances and cars, and design to use less.

      And Have a Happy 4th!

      Gary Beck, P.E., LEED AP

      Engineering and Green Consulting Services

      Eco-Holdings 4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd., Ste 114 Houston, TX 77025

      Tel: 713-377-4209 Fax: 832-201-5338 www.ecoegr.com

      Engineering Services: Inspection of Foundation and Framing Systems;

      Residential, Retail, Commercial, Lodging, Educational, & Governmental

      Design Documents (Blue Prints) Energy Consulting, Low Energy Design

      ECO,...Where Sustainability Is Designed

      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 11, 2008
        Your efforts are appreciated.... Thanks!

        From: evelyn sardina <evelynsardina@ yahoo.com>
        To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 12:23 AM

        I like it too... If anyone wants to join the other forum then it's all good. I say keep it like it is.