Talk Sunday 1:15 "Global Warming - What you can do about it"

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2008
      It's happening faster than predicted. How will we cope with rising
      sea levels, more torrential rains and flooding, and other impacts of
      climate change? A crucial part of the solution, says Ron Hayden, is
      No New Coal Plants and no new investment in dirty energy. Please
      ask your members of Congress to support the Global Warming bill by
      Congressman Doggett from
      Austin.
      http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/nation/06/18/0618doggett.html
      http://action.foe.org/t/928/pressRelease.jsp?press_release_KEY=383

      Ron Hayden of Texas Cool Climate Campaign will explain this in his
      global warming slide presentation at the monthly meeting of Houston
      Climate Protection Alliance. Location: First Unitarian
      Universalist Church, 5200 Fannin at Southmore in the Museum
      District. We'll be in a second floor classroom. For more
      information, Nan Hildreth 713-842-6643.

      Mr. Hayden will list the official predictions by the IPCC for global
      warming impacts, and show what that means to our lives. He will
      report on the melting of the permafrost and how that may affect us in
      Houston. He will summarize the solutions required including a
      summary of the 350 challenge by Dr. Hansen and other
      citizen-leaders. www.350.org

      Nan Hildreth, Houston 713-842-6643

      "All but the most dedicated of those who seek salvation through
      making money recognize the well-being of future generations as the
      ultimate good. This basic drive in billions of people is more than
      capable of transforming civilization. It awaits only the hope that we
      can shift our priorities for collective action from the competitive
      economics model to sustainability. "