RE: [hreg] Sierra Clubers Cheer up: Alternative energy is around the corner

  • Robert Johnston
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2008

      If it is like the last time around (‘70’s), the big gas guzzlers will be sold at low prices to poor people, who, having paid a low enough price for the vehicle, will be able to forgo insurance, pay for enough gas to drive a few miles each week, and will have the impact advantage in accidents with the rich in their mini-Coopers.  Instead of “ghetto Cadillacs” we’ll have “ghetto Hummers”.  Urban warfare.

      Seriously, I think this is temporary.  Large suburban families will still benefit from SUVs, so the market will adapt to meet their needs.  It may be electric or something else, but if will be back in some form.

      Robert