RE: [hreg] Reading recommendations

  • Steven Shepard
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 13, 2008
      Henry,

      Thank you for your information. I appreciated it.
      And I agree home automation is a energy savings
      product if not renewable energy. Don't let the so
      called purists set you back. Their sense of control
      is just threatened and they get scared.

      Steve Shepard
      SBT Designs

      === message truncated ===

      Getting better all the time!

      Steven Shepard
    • walker
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 13, 2008

        I have saved several folks a few $ by setting back the AC units and turning off the lights when they leave home. Right now I am looking a “solar ice maker” which is about as un-HA as you can get.  Sounds weird to make ice with heat.

        Thanks

        Henry Walker

        The Advanced Home

        --- walker <henry@theadvancedho me.com> wrote:

        > Kevin
        >
        > I was not soliciting business – Sorry for the
        > misunderstanding! We do
        > install home automation systems and it is not an
        > unrelated technology. I am
        > quite willing to provide information to anyone that
        > asks.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Henry Walker
        >

        > _____
        >
        > From: hreg@yahoogroups. com

        w:st="on">TX 77477

        > Local (281) 340-1224
        >
        > Toll Free (877) 340-1224
        >
        > Fax (281) 340-1230
        >
        > Cell (281) 960-8979
        >
        > kconlin@solarcraft. <mailto:kconlin@solarcraft. net>
        > net
        >
        > www.solarcraft. <http://www.solarcra ft.net>
        net

        > _____

        recommendations

        > Hi
        >
        > I am Henry Walker, we design and install home
        > automation systems. This type
        > of unit will control your lights, AC, irrigation,
        > etc. Our web site is
        > www.theadvancedhome
        > <http://www.theadvan cedhome.com/>
        .com If you are
        > interested. I do not normally solicit this way,
        > however, you sound like you
        > need something to tie all that stuff together.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Henry Walker
        >

        > _____
        >
        > From: hreg@yahoogroups. com
        recommendations

        > Hi Mr Malone – and also anyone who is thinking about
        > doing a remodel – or
        > just curious.
        >

        > I am in the middle of a 2,000 s.f. energy
        > efficiency/ “green” remodel in
        > Willowbend, SW Houston , If anyone is
        interested, I
        > can do a “spur of the
        > moment” one hour open house sometime this weekend.
        >

        > Part of the house is gutted, so you can see how 50’s
        > ranches had no
        > insulation, and is not air tight. You can see the
        > new a/c system installed,
        > pex plumbing, tankless heater installed. I can also
        > talk about updating the
        > electrical service a little. And the general ups
        > and downs of a major ranch
        > update – like realizing that all the underground
        > drain/sewer lines needed to
        > be replaced. Also wondering how to dispose of the
        > pile of old studs in the
        > garage. .
        >

        > Not all the issues are just about sustainability –
        > some of the challenges
        > are the things that typical of any project – you
        > might not know what you
        > have until you get into a project. I’ll bring my
        > “guess” and reality
        > budget sheet :-).
        >

        > Design things include thinking about cross
        > ventilation, natural day light,
        > choosing low flow water fixtures, good flooring
        > choices etc. Also updating
        > the floor plan to fit today’s lifestyle. Not every
        > decision may be
        > perfect, but I still think it’s a good example.
        >

        > The theme of the house is sort of - “good for the
        > past 50 years, great for
        > the next 50 years”. . . it’s about living really
        > well in 2,000 sf. quality
        > over quantity. About making – or even letting a
        > house last a hundred years.
        >

        > I hope to have insulation installed next week – so
        > this weekend is the last
        > time to really see everything in the walls.
        >

        > I’m pretty flexible – maybe mid day on Saturday?
        > Please – no small
        > children, as it’s pretty rough inside.
        >

        > Kathleen
        >

        > _____
        >
        > From: hreg@yahoogroups. com
        recommendations

        > JP Malone,
        >
        > There's almost too much information out there!!
        >
        > For our almost all cooling climate, i personally
        > think that moving HVAC and
        > ductwork INTO conditioned space would be a great
        > move. That coupled with
        > using higher effiency equipment is a big
        > energy-saver, almost 30%. I too

        === message truncated ===

        Getting better all the time!

        Steven Shepard

      • Kevin Conlin
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 13, 2008

          Yes, you’re right of course, Steve.

          As always, we can count on you for sage wisdom and sound advice!

          Kevin Conlin

          Solarcraft, Inc.

          4007C Greenbriar

          Stafford, TX 77477

          Local (281) 340-1224

          Toll Free (877) 340-1224

          Fax (281) 340-1230

          Cell (281) 960-8979

          kconlin@...

          www.solarcraft.net

          Thank you for your information. I appreciated it.
          And I agree home automation is a energy savings
          product if not renewable energy. Don't let the so
          called purists set you back. Their sense of control
          is just threatened and they get scared.

          Steve Shepard
          SBT Designs

          --- walker <henry@theadvancedho me.com> wrote:

          > Kevin
          >
          > I was not soliciting business – Sorry for the
          > misunderstanding! We do
          > install home automation systems and it is not an
          > unrelated technology. I am
          > quite willing to provide information to anyone that
          > asks.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Henry Walker
          >

          > _____
          >
          > From: hreg@yahoogroups. com

          w:st="on">TX 77477

          > Local (281) 340-1224
          >
          > Toll Free (877) 340-1224
          >
          > Fax (281) 340-1230
          >
          > Cell (281) 960-8979
          >
          > kconlin@solarcraft. <mailto:kconlin@solarcraft. net>
          > net
          >
          > www.solarcraft. <http://www.solarcra ft.net>
          net

          > _____

          recommendations

          > Hi
          >
          > I am Henry Walker, we design and install home
          > automation systems. This type
          > of unit will control your lights, AC, irrigation,
          > etc. Our web site is
          > www.theadvancedhome
          > <http://www.theadvan cedhome.com/>
          .com If you are
          > interested. I do not normally solicit this way,
          > however, you sound like you
          > need something to tie all that stuff together.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Henry Walker
          >

          > _____
          >
          > From: hreg@yahoogroups. com
          recommendations

          > Hi Mr Malone – and also anyone who is thinking about
          > doing a remodel – or
          > just curious.
          >

          > I am in the middle of a 2,000 s.f. energy
          > efficiency/ “green” remodel in
          > Willowbend, SW Houston , If anyone is
          interested, I
          > can do a “spur of the
          > moment” one hour open house sometime this weekend.
          >

          > Part of the house is gutted, so you can see how 50’s
          > ranches had no
          > insulation, and is not air tight. You can see the
          > new a/c system installed,
          > pex plumbing, tankless heater installed. I can also
          > talk about updating the
          > electrical service a little. And the general ups
          > and downs of a major ranch
          > update – like realizing that all the underground
          > drain/sewer lines needed to
          > be replaced. Also wondering how to dispose of the
          > pile of old studs in the
          > garage. .
          >

          > Not all the issues are just about sustainability –
          > some of the challenges
          > are the things that typical of any project – you
          > might not know what you
          > have until you get into a project. I’ll bring my
          > “guess” and reality
          > budget sheet :-).
          >

          > Design things include thinking about cross
          > ventilation, natural day light,
          > choosing low flow water fixtures, good flooring
          > choices etc. Also updating
          > the floor plan to fit today’s lifestyle. Not every
          > decision may be
          > perfect, but I still think it’s a good example.
          >

          > The theme of the house is sort of - “good for the
          > past 50 years, great for
          > the next 50 years”. . . it’s about living really
          > well in 2,000 sf. quality
          > over quantity. About making – or even letting a
          > house last a hundred years.
          >

          > I hope to have insulation installed next week – so
          > this weekend is the last
          > time to really see everything in the walls.
          >

          > I’m pretty flexible – maybe mid day on Saturday?
          > Please – no small
          > children, as it’s pretty rough inside.
          >

          > Kathleen
          >

          > _____
          >
          > From: hreg@yahoogroups. com
          recommendations

          > JP Malone,
          >
          > There's almost too much information out there!!
          >
          > For our almost all cooling climate, i personally
          > think that moving HVAC and
          > ductwork INTO conditioned space would be a great
          > move. That coupled with
          > using higher effiency equipment is a big
          > energy-saver, almost 30%. I too

          === message truncated ===

          Getting better all the time!

          Steven Shepard