Houston Solar Tour 2008

  • Chris Boyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2008
      The Houston Solar Tour 2008 will be here before you know it.  This will be our biggest tour yet!  As in years past, there will be a picnic in the evening to cap off the tour.  The Tour Committee will e-mail details out soon, but mark your calendar for Saturday, October 4th now.

      If you have a home that would be a good candiate for the tour, please contact a member of the Tour Committee (Chris Boyer, Mike Ewert, Kathleen Reardon, Teri Mercantante, Ed Wanant, John Gardner and Stephanie Edwards).  We will collect potential sites and make selections by the end of July.

      Qualifications for a site are:
      1)  The home/building has renewable energy features
      2)  The owner gives permission to open the home/building to the public
      3)  The home/building will have at least 3 hosts present during tour hours.
      4)  The home/building has not been on the tour in previous years (exceptions may be allowed)
      5)  There is not a dominant display from one company
      6)  Located within 40 miles of downtown (exceptions may be allowed)

      I sent a note on this topic directly to our Business Members e-mail addresses.  If you are, or would like to be an HREG business member, and did not get that message, please let me know.

      Keep renewing Houston !

      Chris Boyer
      HREG Vice President

      P.S.  If you are new to HREG and the tour, find more information here:
      http://www.ases.org/tour/  - From the national organization, ASES
      http://www.txses.org/hreg/tour.php - From last year’s tour
      http://www.txses.org/hreg/events.php# - From previous years tour’s