Welcome ICLEI rep on Conference Call noon Thurs

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2008
      Help us welcome ICLEI's new Senior Program Officer, Sarah Weingarden,
      in a conference call Thursday, June 12, noon to
      1pm. ICLEI www.ICLEI-USA.org provides member local governments with
      peer-support for their efforts to cut energy bills and protect the
      climate. Ms. Weingarten helps ICLEI members in Texas, Oklahoma and
      Arkansas. Her office is in Houston City
      Hall. http://www.iclei-usa.org/about-iclei/staff/sarah-weingarden
      Texas Cool Climate Campaign hosts weekly conference calls are usually
      scheduled at noon.

      If your mayor or county judge has not yet joined ICLEI and you would
      like to help ask him to do that, contact Ann Drumm in
      Dallas. Texas members are Arlington, Austin, College Station,
      Coppell, Dallas, Denton, Grapevine, Houston, and Plano. Ann Drumm,
      Anndrumm@..., 1-214-350-6108, 1-214-675-0040

      To join the call, dial 1-605-475-6111 and then enter our pass code
      for guest speaker calls, 7138426643#. Your standard long distance
      charges will apply.

      Nan Hildreth, Houston 713-842-6643

      "All but the most dedicated of those who seek salvation through
      making money recognize the well-being of future generations as the
      ultimate good. This basic drive in billions of people is more than
      capable of transforming civilization. It awaits only the hope that we
      can shift our priorities for collective action from the competitive
      economics model to sustainability. "