Re:Two Big RE Announcements in Houston News

  • Bridget Jensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
      By the way, the Chronicle writer had it wrong when he wrote that Vestas
      is a Dutch company. It is in fact a Danish company. Just because
      Dutch and Danish both start with D doesn't make them interchangeable.
      Bridget Jensen (Of Danish-American descent and proud of anything
      Danish)
    • Solar Energy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2008
        I missed this event; did anyone attend this event & how was it?

        Ahmad

        Steven Deterling <rocketman1@...> wrote:
        "Dutch powerhouse Vestas Wind Systems said it will open its first U.S. research and development facility here. The office will open in 2009 and grow to about 100 researchers by early 2010, not including support staff, with more positions likely to come"

        "The announcement came during the American Wind Energy Association' s annual Wind Power conference, which is in Houston for the first time this year and runs through Wednesday. More than 12,000 attendees have registered for the conference at the George R. Brown Convention Center. The conference features panel discussions, hundreds of exhibitors and a job fair."

        http://www.chron. com/disp/ story.mpl/ front/5815356. html

        http://www.windpowe rexpo.org/ index.cfm

        also

        "The nation's largest biodiesel plant opened Monday at the Houston Ship Channel, expanding Texas' lead as the biggest producer of the alternative fuel and helping chart a course for making it from nonedible sources."

        http://www.chron. com/disp/ story.mpl/ front/5815196. html

        I didn't even know the Wind Expo was going on this week, or I might have tried to attend.

        Steve