Two Big RE Announcements in Houston News

  • Steven Deterling
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2008
      "Dutch powerhouse Vestas Wind Systems said it will open its first U.S. research and development facility here. The office will open in 2009 and grow to about 100 researchers by early 2010, not including support staff, with more positions likely to come"

      "The announcement came during the American Wind Energy Association's annual Wind Power conference, which is in Houston for the first time this year and runs through Wednesday. More than 12,000 attendees have registered for the conference at the George R. Brown Convention Center. The conference features panel discussions, hundreds of exhibitors and a job fair."

      http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5815356.html

      http://www.windpowerexpo.org/index.cfm

      also

      "The nation's largest biodiesel plant opened Monday at the Houston Ship Channel, expanding Texas' lead as the biggest producer of the alternative fuel and helping chart a course for making it from nonedible sources."

      http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5815196.html

      I didn't even know the Wind Expo was going on this week, or I might have tried to attend.

      Steve

    • Bridget Jensen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
        By the way, the Chronicle writer had it wrong when he wrote that Vestas
        is a Dutch company. It is in fact a Danish company. Just because
        Dutch and Danish both start with D doesn't make them interchangeable.
        Bridget Jensen (Of Danish-American descent and proud of anything
        Danish)
      • Solar Energy