[hreg] Re: HREG December Meeting

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 1999
      Hello everyone,
      Just remembered something that I meant to bring up at the meeting this
      afternoon but forgot all about. I think we should join the CEC (Citizen's
      Environmental Coalition), presumably as the local "chapter?" of TxSES. This
      would be a way of keeping up with the rest of the environmental community and
      also of letting people know that we exist since we would be in their annual
      directory, newsletter, and so on. I would be willing to serve as our delagate
      and attend meetings of the environmental roundtable unless someone else would
      like to have the honor, which I would gladly surrender.
      I can find out what it costs (I think $25 per year) and other requirements if
      you all want to do it. It would have been easier to handle this at the
      meeting but as I said forgot all about it. Any thoughts?
      Charlie Mauch
    • Michael Bolinger
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 1999
        Please remove my name from the HREG email list. Thank you.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 1999
          Please remove my name from the HREG email list. Thank you.

          > Just remembered something that I meant to bring up at the meeting this
          > afternoon but forgot all about. I think we should join the CEC (Citizen's
          > Environmental Coalition), presumably as the local "chapter?" of TxSES.
          This
          > would be a way of keeping up with the rest of the environmental community
          and
          > also of letting people know that we exist since we would be in their
          annual
          > directory, newsletter, and so on. I would be willing to serve as our
          delagate
          > and attend meetings of the environmental roundtable unless someone else
          would
          > like to have the honor, which I would gladly surrender.
          > I can find out what it costs (I think $25 per year) and other requirements
          if
          > you all want to do it. It would have been easier to handle this at the
          > meeting but as I said forgot all about it. Any thoughts?
          > Charlie Mauch

          > Think you're ready for Dreamcast? Get all the news, previews and
          > prices at CNET.com. It's your source for the latest and greatest
          > in gaming! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1609
          >

          > eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/hreg/

        • s askew
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 1999
            I agree we should join the CEC but believe we should
            remain with our own identity of HREG. Membership cost
            inlcudes being able to meet at their building so its
            definitely worth it.

          • ChasMauch@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 11, 1999
              Thanks for the feedback on my email suggesting that the HREG join the CEC,
              Scott. The CEC is a coalition of environmental groups so we would not lose
              our identity as HREG by joining. As you say the $25 dues includes a place to
              meet so that would be valuable when we don't have a better place. I feel sure
              we would get some publicity in the regular emails that David Crossley
              (President) and Alison Dodson (Administrative Director) put out, as well as
              possibly an article in their newsletter. These folks naturally have similar
              interests to ours and I feel sure we would pick up some new members. Also we
              would not seem like total strangers or outsiders if we win the Earth Day
              award again next year, which of course we will ;-). Would appreciate some
              input from others on this.
              Charlie
            • Ewert, Mike
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 14, 1999
                I think it sounds like a good idea to join and have Charlie as our
                representative. If we hear no objections, let's just consider this an
                e-mail vote. Regarding the meeting room, though, I remember that Charlie
                found out that we must pay an air-conditioning charge, so TSU is still a
                better deal.

                Thanks for the feedback on my email suggesting that the HREG join the CEC,
                Scott. The CEC is a coalition of environmental groups so we would not lose
                our identity as HREG by joining. As you say the $25 dues includes a place to
                meet so that would be valuable when we don't have a better place. I feel
                sure
                we would get some publicity in the regular emails that David Crossley
                (President) and Alison Dodson (Administrative Director) put out, as well as
                possibly an article in their newsletter. These folks naturally have similar
                interests to ours and I feel sure we would pick up some new members. Also we
                would not seem like total strangers or outsiders if we win the Earth Day
                award again next year, which of course we will ;-). Would appreciate some
                input from others on this.
                Charlie

                Free Answers from Real People. XpertSite is creating
                the biggest directory of Experts on the Web. Click
                http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2031 for a Real
                Person who will be happy to answer your questions.

                -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=hreg&m=1