[hreg] Re: HREG December Meeting

  • Ewert, Mike
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 1999
      Here is a repeat of the directions to Sunday's meeting at TSU in case you
      need them. I hope to see everyone there!

      Directions:

      Date: Sun Dec 05, 1999
      Time: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

      Video "The Infinite Power of Texas", several reports on group activities,
      discussion on the groups future.

      The eGroups.com Team
      ---
      FREE Web-based e-mail groups!
      http://www.egroups.com
    • ChasMauch@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 1999
        Hello everyone,
        Just remembered something that I meant to bring up at the meeting this
        afternoon but forgot all about. I think we should join the CEC (Citizen's
        Environmental Coalition), presumably as the local "chapter?" of TxSES. This
        would be a way of keeping up with the rest of the environmental community and
        also of letting people know that we exist since we would be in their annual
        directory, newsletter, and so on. I would be willing to serve as our delagate
        and attend meetings of the environmental roundtable unless someone else would
        like to have the honor, which I would gladly surrender.
        I can find out what it costs (I think $25 per year) and other requirements if
        you all want to do it. It would have been easier to handle this at the
        meeting but as I said forgot all about it. Any thoughts?
        Charlie Mauch
      • Michael Bolinger
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 1999
          Please remove my name from the HREG email list. Thank you.

          > Here is a repeat of the directions to Sunday's meeting at TSU in case you
          > need them. I hope to see everyone there!
          >
          > Directions:
          > >
          > > Traveling on I-45 North or South, exit Scott Street. You make a right
          on
          > > Scott Street traveling north or south on I-45.
          > >
          > > Scott Street exit is about 1-mile pass down town heading South on I-45.
          > >
          > > On Scott Street, drive about 1 mile and make a right on Cleburne at the
          > > Burger King.
          > >
          > > About 1 mile, make a left at the second light on Ennis.
          > >
          > > The School of Technology is the three-story beige building you see on
          the
          > > left.
          > >
          > > Park in the parking lot near the first door you drive by, when you reach
          > > the building.
          > >
          > > Enter the same door. The meeting will be held in room 225 on the second
          > > floor.
          > >
          > > If the door is not open, there will be signs or individuals pointing you
          > > in the right direction.
          > >
          > > If you come to another traffic light after you make a left at the light
          on
          > > Ennis, stop!
          > >
          > > You are about to passed the School of Technology building.

        • Michael Bolinger
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 1999
            Please remove my name from the HREG email list. Thank you.

            > Just remembered something that I meant to bring up at the meeting this
            > afternoon but forgot all about. I think we should join the CEC (Citizen's
            > Environmental Coalition), presumably as the local "chapter?" of TxSES.
            This
            > would be a way of keeping up with the rest of the environmental community
            and
            > also of letting people know that we exist since we would be in their
            annual
            > directory, newsletter, and so on. I would be willing to serve as our
            delagate
            > and attend meetings of the environmental roundtable unless someone else
            would
            > like to have the honor, which I would gladly surrender.
            > I can find out what it costs (I think $25 per year) and other requirements
            if
            > you all want to do it. It would have been easier to handle this at the
            > meeting but as I said forgot all about it. Any thoughts?
            > Charlie Mauch

            > Think you're ready for Dreamcast? Get all the news, previews and
            > prices at CNET.com. It's your source for the latest and greatest
            > in gaming! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1609
            >

            > eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/hreg/

          • s askew
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 1999
              I agree we should join the CEC but believe we should
              remain with our own identity of HREG. Membership cost
              inlcudes being able to meet at their building so its
              definitely worth it.

            • ChasMauch@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 11, 1999
                Thanks for the feedback on my email suggesting that the HREG join the CEC,
                Scott. The CEC is a coalition of environmental groups so we would not lose
                our identity as HREG by joining. As you say the $25 dues includes a place to
                meet so that would be valuable when we don't have a better place. I feel sure
                we would get some publicity in the regular emails that David Crossley
                (President) and Alison Dodson (Administrative Director) put out, as well as
                possibly an article in their newsletter. These folks naturally have similar
                interests to ours and I feel sure we would pick up some new members. Also we
                would not seem like total strangers or outsiders if we win the Earth Day
                award again next year, which of course we will ;-). Would appreciate some
                input from others on this.
                Charlie
              • Ewert, Mike
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 14, 1999
                  I think it sounds like a good idea to join and have Charlie as our
                  representative. If we hear no objections, let's just consider this an
                  e-mail vote. Regarding the meeting room, though, I remember that Charlie
                  found out that we must pay an air-conditioning charge, so TSU is still a
                  better deal.

                  Thanks for the feedback on my email suggesting that the HREG join the CEC,
                  Scott. The CEC is a coalition of environmental groups so we would not lose
                  our identity as HREG by joining. As you say the $25 dues includes a place to
                  meet so that would be valuable when we don't have a better place. I feel
                  sure
                  we would get some publicity in the regular emails that David Crossley
                  (President) and Alison Dodson (Administrative Director) put out, as well as
                  possibly an article in their newsletter. These folks naturally have similar
                  interests to ours and I feel sure we would pick up some new members. Also we
                  would not seem like total strangers or outsiders if we win the Earth Day
                  award again next year, which of course we will ;-). Would appreciate some
                  input from others on this.
                  Charlie

                  Free Answers from Real People. XpertSite is creating
                  the biggest directory of Experts on the Web. Click
                  http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2031 for a Real
                  Person who will be happy to answer your questions.

                  -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=hreg&m=1