Re: [hreg] biobased insulation?

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008

      This is why HREG was started. All the energy efficient stuff was
      designed for those who live in cool climates who want the heat gain.
      Rather left those of us in the south out of the equation.

      When I first bought my maytag fridge, it drove me nuts. The temperature
      in my kitchen went way up. It may have used less energy, but it caused
      my AC to have to work much harder. My other fridge when replaced was a
      cheap roper, works much better. [Yes, I use 2.]

      We did try putting the laundry in a closed room with a fan vented to the
      outside. It helped some, not enough to justify the construction costs.
      Now, I use a clothes line whenever it is warm/dry enough so I never
      have any problems. When I do run the dryer, I want the extra heat in
      the house.

      Since we moved to the south 15 years ago, I have had an outdoor kitchen
      for cooking in the summer. This is the best investment I have made for
      a cooler house.

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      William wrote:
      > The "energystar" oven appliance of
      > ours has a ridiculous convection feature that exhausts oven heat into
      > my home when finished cooking!! What type of engineer would think this
      > is acceptable? Basically when done with cooking (unless using grill)the
      > added BTU's will be taken out of conditioned air. Same with laundry
      > areas. Any information out there,green builders?
      > Bill

    • Shafer, Mark B
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2008

        I have not found any energystar ovens are stoves.  What brand is your "energystar" oven appliance.