RE: [hreg] Standard Renewable Energy

  • Kevin Conlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2008

      Hi Raymond,  Yes, I have heard of them, and I think they have already answered your questions.  I also believe they were responsible for the 50KW array installed at the new Discovery Green park downtown.  Their approach of conserving energy before generating your own makes very good sense.

      Kevin Conlin

      Solarcraft, Inc.

      4007C Greenbriar

      Stafford, TX 77477

      Local (281) 340-1224

      Toll Free (877) 340-1224

      Fax (281) 340-1230

      Cell (281) 960-8979

      kconlin@...

      www.solarcraft.net

      From: anniemktx@yahoo. com
      Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:18:19 -0700

      I've been driving a Toyota Echo and it is just fine. I can drive to Nacogdoches and back, and still go to work a couple of days on a tank, which costs about $35.00 (I don't keep up well with exact mpgs).  Good luck.

      Anne
      Mark Venzke <mv.deziner@yahoo. com> wrote:

      Friends,

      Please extend any information or advice that you may have about inexpensive, fuel-efficient vehicles.

      I am seriously considering purchasing a new or used car or mini-pickup truck very soon.  My research has lead me to consider the following:

      • Kia Rio 5  (a hatchback)
      • Kia Cinco (predecessor to the Kia 5)
      • Hundai Accent
      • Toyota Echo (out of production but very fuel efficient)
      • Toyota, Nissan or pre-Ford Mazda mini-pickup truck

      Sure, I would like to buy a hybrid vehicle, but they are relatively expensive.  Sure, I would like to buy a fuel cell vehicle, but they are still being developed.  Sure, I would like a hydrogen vehicle, but no sub-compact cars offer this system.  Sure, I would like a natural gas vehicle, but fueling stations are few and more than a tankful of natural gas between.  Sure, I would like a bio-fuel vehicle, but I do not want to contribute to food shortages and starvation.  Sure, I would like to buy a vehicle that would have been made in the United States, but such vehicles do not compare favorably in specifications, warranty and crash-test performance to Korean-made Kia and Hyundai vehicles.

      With a vehicle in which investing in fuel-efficiency- enhancement systems of which I have learned, I think that I could "tweak" a new or used vehicle to get substantially better fuel efficiency.  I would, in effect, be "hybridizing" a conventional vehicle.  Like me, many of you have probably happened upon Internet sites that offer on-board, water dissociating systems that introduce into the fuel-air mixture hydrogen and oxygen that add more "bang" to the fuel and yield greatly improved fuel efficiency.

      I am leaning toward the 2008 Rio 5 (2007 if a dealer still has one that it would sell at a bargain price).

      • $13,540
      • 27/32 mpg with a 5-speed, manual transmission
      • 10-year/100, 000-mile drive train warranty
      • 5-year/60,000- mile bumper-to-bumper warranty
      • 5-year/100,000- mile corrosion warranty
      • 5-year/60,000- mile roadside assistance service
      • five-star crash test
      • J D Power & Associates highest ranked sub-compact car in initial quality

      I would prefer to buy a three- to five-year-old car, but, ironically, getting financing on a new car appears to me to be easier than getting financing on a used car.  With no money down, non-stellar credit and a very rough, old car for trade-in, I do not think I have the option of considering a used car.  Fortunately, I have two, modest-but-steadily -paying jobs.

      A salesman at a Kia dealership here, in greater

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)