How to do your part to stop global warming

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 3:34 PM
      You can find out easy ways to do your part in stopping global warming
      at these upcoming events.

      * Fri-Sunday, energy efficiency products and talks at Gulf Coast
      Green. Be sure to say hello to us at the Go Green booth (#105).
      * Saturday, April Fuels day party in Hermann Park by Sierra Club
      * Sunday 2:30pm "The Technology Already Exists to Stabilize Global
      Warming: Wedges into the Climate Solution" talk by Dr. Ronald Sass.

      Global warming action in Houston is getting hot. More events next
      week including a seminar on sea level rise by Baker Institute, Rice
      University CSES and Shell Center on Sustainability?
      Details on www.HoustonClimateProtection.org

      Nan Hildreth, Houston 713-842-6643

      "On playing fields and battlegrounds, challenges that would be
      daunting and impossible if faced alone are suddenly possible when
      tackled in a close-knit group. The people haven't changed, but the
      way in which the task appears to them has." Malcolm Gladwell, The
      Tipping Point
    • tstranger@garlandind.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2 5:40 AM
        Good morning all,
        I was thinking that many of our members will be participating in the Gulf
        Coast Green Expo this weekend. Perhaps this email thread could serve as a
        way to make everyone aware of the various booths that are manned by our
        business members.

        I'll be at booth 134. We are a manufacturer of commercial roofing, with
        many Green solutions.

        ty

        Ty Stranger-Thorsen, CSI, USGBC
        Houston, TX
        The Garland Company, Inc.
        www.garlandco.com
        c 281-989-1740
        f 281-754-4550
      • Gary Beck
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2 7:33 AM

          Good Call Ty,

          ECO will be in booth 140. We provide engineering and construction document services for conventional and for green buildings. We have experience helping design homes and buildings using Structural Insulated panels (SIP), AutoClave Aerate Concrete (AAC), Insulated Concreet Forms (ICF) and efficient wood frame design. We also provide full AutoCAD services.

          Gary Beck, P.E., LEED AP

          Engineering and Green Consulting Services

          Eco-Holdings  4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd., Ste 114  Houston, TX 77025

          Tel: 713-377-4209       Fax: 832-201-5338      www.ecoegr.com

          Engineering Services: Inspection of Foundation and Framing Systems;

          Residential, Retail, Commercial, Lodging, Educational, & Governmental

          Design Documents (Blue Prints) Energy Consulting, Low Energy Design

          ECO,...Where Sustainability Is Designed

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2 6:04 PM
              Susan,
              The Gulf Coast Green expo is at Reliant Park, Hall B.
              Here's an excerpt from their website:

              The theme of the 2008 conference is “Innovations in Building
              for Hot and Humid Climates.” The specific focus of the
              conference is green or sustainable building along the Gulf
              Coast region, but the content includes broader issues of
              sustainability such as sustainable land use and global warming.

              http://www.gulfcoastgreen.org/

              See you there,
              ty

              Ty Stranger-Thorsen, CSI, USGBC
              Houston, TX
              The Garland Company, Inc.
              www.garlandco.com
              c 281-989-1740
              f 281-754-4550

              Susan Modikoane
              <suemodikoane@yah
              oo.com> To
              Sent by: hreg@yahoogroups.com
              hreg@yahoogroups. cc
              com
              Subject
              Re: [hreg] Business members at
              04/02/2008 06:12 Green Expo, Roll Call
              PM

              Please respond to
              hreg@yahoogroups.
              com

              tstranger@... wrote:
              Good morning all,
              I was thinking that many of our members will be participating in the
              Gulf
              Coast Green Expo this weekend. Perhaps this email thread could serve
              as a
              way to make everyone aware of the various booths that are manned by
              our
              business members.

              I'll be at booth 134. We are a manufacturer of commercial roofing,
              with
              many Green solutions.

              ty

              Ty Stranger-Thorsen, CSI, USGBC