Energy Efficiency tele-conference 3/27 11am

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2008
      A one hour teleconference "Putting Energy Efficiency to Work" by Fred
      Yebra, Austin Energy's energy efficiency and demand side manager,
      will be hosted Thursday 3/27 11am by Houston Climate Protection
      Alliance. Details and more upcoming events on
      www.HoustonClimateProtection.org

      Houston Climate Protection Alliance opposes new coal plants and
      promotes energy efficiency and clean energy. But we've found that
      too many decision-makers don't understand that it's cheaper, cleaner
      and faster to help folks use less than generate new power. Yebra
      says It costs only $300/KW compared to $750/KW for a natural gas
      plant, $2500/KW for pulverized coal and $2800/KW for nuclear. "

      Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@...
      Houston 713-842-6643

      "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and
      learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the
      potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in
      the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."

      "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."

      Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine
      http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=796