Re: [hreg] Help with the Green Expo Booth and Earthday woodlands

  • JOHN GARDNER
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 10, 2008
      Maria,
      Thank you for your help. I will send you the locations and times in the next week of so.
      John

      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 26, 2008

        John,

        Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.

        Thanks!

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 26, 2008

          Maria,

          Go to the website:

          www.woodlandsassociations.org

          go to hometown spotlight and click on Earthday.

          I need help frpm noon to 3:00 PM.

          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 27, 2008

            My 32" boob tube is showing signs of failure so I have an excuse to buy a 'cool' new Flat HDTV.

            Cool has a dual meaning here. Cool meaning just plain cool, as in 'Look at my cool new TV' and cool meaning low energy consumption. Electrical inefficiency is directly proportional to waste heat generated by an appliance in my home that my AC must then burn even more electricity to remove.

            So being a green engineer I naturally start with HDTVs 2007 models ranked by energy usage. I copied this from CNET then deleted too small and too big models (for my needs and budget). Then I deleted all the  'poor' performers, some of which used 4 times the energy of the same size model.  Note that almost all are LCD with only 1 plasma TV remained on my list.  The model names in the spreadsheet should still have the link back to CNets general ranking and performance scores for each model.

            I will probably cross reference these to the latest Consumer Reports ranking and then finally price. At that point I will have the 'Nirvana' of flat screen TVs.

            Maybe a fellow HREG is in the same stage.  (If not put a big magnet on the back of your TV like I did when my wife was not looking)

            Gary Beck, P.E., LEED AP

            Engineering and Green Consulting Services

            Eco-Holdings  4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd., Ste 114  Houston, TX 77025

            Tel: 713-377-4209       Fax: 832-201-5338      www.ecoegr.com

            Engineering Services: Inspection of Foundation and Framing Systems;

            Residential, Retail, Commercial, Lodging, Educational, & Governmental

            Design Documents (Blue Prints) Energy Consulting, Low Energy Design

            ECO,...Where Sustainability Is Designed

            _,_._,___

          • Gary Beck

              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 27, 2008

                Thanks, this will definitely come in handy…once I find a big magnet. ;)

                -.-  -..  .....  -.-.  ..-.  --

                Bruce Pullig
                bruce@...

                http://www.pullig.com

                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 28, 2008
                  BIg MAgnet....desperate times call for desperate measures.

[...]

                • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                    Hi All,

                    Do you have enough people for the Expo Booth this weekend?

                    --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@...> wrote:

                    > John,
                    > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                    > Thanks!
                    > Maria

                    Try it now.

                    ______________

                  • mcgard@flash.net
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                      I need help Sunday from 10 to 1:00.
                      Thanks,
                      John

                      From: "Stephanie Edwards-Musa" <Sedwards@...>

                      Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:49:49
                      To:hreg@yahoogroups.com

                      --- In hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg%40yahoogroups.com> com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@...> wrote:

                      > John,
                      > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                      > Thanks!
                      > Maria

                      Try it now.

                      ______________
                      > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                      > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
                      http://tools. <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

                    • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                        Hi John,

                        I can do that.

                        Stephanie Edwards-Musa
                        Realtor®, Certified EcoBroker®
                        Coldwell Banker United, Realtors®
                        1500 Research Forest #200
                        The Woodlands, TX 77381
                        Direct: 281-635-9444
                        Fax: 281-364-8602

                        Do you have enough people for the Expo Booth this weekend?

                        --- In hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg%40yahoogroups.com> com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@...> wrote:

                        > John,
                        > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                        > Thanks!
                        > Maria

                        Try it now.

                        ______________

                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                          One or two people?

                          From: mcgard@...

                          Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:31:56
                          To:hreg@yahoogroups.com

                          From: "Stephanie Edwards-Musa" <Sedwards@...>

                          Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:49:49
                          To:hreg@yahoogroups.com

                          Hi All,

                          Do you have enough people for the Expo Booth this weekend?

                          --- In hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg%40yahoogroups.com> com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@...> wrote:

                          > John,
                          > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                          > Thanks!
                          > Maria

                          Try it now.

                          ______________

                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                            Stephanie,
                            You are wonderfull. The booth is #209. Everything will be there (or under the table). I will call you tomorrow to discuss.
                            Thanks very much for your help.
                            John

                            From: mcgard@flash. net
                            To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
                            Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:31:56 +0000

                            From: "Stephanie Edwards-Musa" <Sedwards@cbunited. com>

                            Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:49:49
                            To:hreg@yahoogroups. com

                            Hi All,

                            Do you have enough people for the Expo Booth this weekend?

                            --- In hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg% 40yahoogroups. com> com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@ ...> wrote:

                            > John,
                            > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                            > Thanks!
                            > Maria

                            Try it now.

                            ____________ __

                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                              Hi John,

                              Sounds good.  The direct number listed is my mobile...best way to reach me.

                              Talk to you tomorrow!  :)

                              From: mcgard@flash. net
                              To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
                              Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:31:56 +0000

                              From: "Stephanie Edwards-Musa" <Sedwards@cbunited. com>

                              Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:49:49
                              To:hreg@yahoogroups. com

                              Hi All,

                              Do you have enough people for the Expo Booth this weekend?

                              --- In hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg% 40yahoogroups. com> com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@ ...> wrote:

                              > John,
                              > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                              > Thanks!
                              > Maria

                              Try it now.

                              ____________ __

                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 11, 2008
                                Maria,
                                We are still on for tomorrow and the weather looks great. See you there at noon.
                                John

                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 11, 2008
                                  Thanks John.  I look forward to the beautiful day.
                                  If I had a bike I would definitely ride it the 14 miles there like I did last year.
                                  But it broke. I'll be a bit early...see you then.
[...]

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • Michael Ewert
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 13, 2008

                                    On behalf of HREG, I would like to thank all the volunteers who have helped HREG before, during and after this month’s big Earth related events!  We wouldn’t have an organization without dedicated people like you,

                                    Mike Ewert

                                    President