Re: [hreg] Help with the Green Expo Booth and Earthday woodlands

  • Maria Esselborn
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 10, 2008

      Mr. Gardner,
      I would love to man the HREG booth on Earthday Woodlands...since I live up here.
      Just let me know what I need to be savvy in explaining and teaching & I'll be there.

      ~Maria Esselborn (new member)
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 10, 2008
        Maria,
        Thank you for your help. I will send you the locations and times in the next week of so.
        John

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 26, 2008

          John,

          Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.

          Thanks!

          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 26, 2008

            Maria,

            Go to the website:

            www.woodlandsassociations.org

            go to hometown spotlight and click on Earthday.

            I need help frpm noon to 3:00 PM.

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 27, 2008

              My 32" boob tube is showing signs of failure so I have an excuse to buy a 'cool' new Flat HDTV.

              Cool has a dual meaning here. Cool meaning just plain cool, as in 'Look at my cool new TV' and cool meaning low energy consumption. Electrical inefficiency is directly proportional to waste heat generated by an appliance in my home that my AC must then burn even more electricity to remove.

              So being a green engineer I naturally start with HDTVs 2007 models ranked by energy usage. I copied this from CNET then deleted too small and too big models (for my needs and budget). Then I deleted all the  'poor' performers, some of which used 4 times the energy of the same size model.  Note that almost all are LCD with only 1 plasma TV remained on my list.  The model names in the spreadsheet should still have the link back to CNets general ranking and performance scores for each model.

              I will probably cross reference these to the latest Consumer Reports ranking and then finally price. At that point I will have the 'Nirvana' of flat screen TVs.

              Maybe a fellow HREG is in the same stage.  (If not put a big magnet on the back of your TV like I did when my wife was not looking)

              Gary Beck, P.E., LEED AP

              Engineering and Green Consulting Services

              Eco-Holdings  4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd., Ste 114  Houston, TX 77025

              Tel: 713-377-4209       Fax: 832-201-5338      www.ecoegr.com

              Engineering Services: Inspection of Foundation and Framing Systems;

              Residential, Retail, Commercial, Lodging, Educational, & Governmental

              Design Documents (Blue Prints) Energy Consulting, Low Energy Design

              ECO,...Where Sustainability Is Designed

              _,_._,___

            • Gary Beck

                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 27, 2008

                  Thanks, this will definitely come in handy…once I find a big magnet. ;)

                  -.-  -..  .....  -.-.  ..-.  --

                  Bruce Pullig
                  bruce@...

                  http://www.pullig.com

                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 28, 2008
                    BIg MAgnet....desperate times call for desperate measures.

[...]

                  • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                      Hi All,

                      Do you have enough people for the Expo Booth this weekend?

                      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@...> wrote:

                      > John,
                      > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                      > Thanks!
                      > Maria

                      Try it now.

                      ______________

                    • mcgard@flash.net
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                        I need help Sunday from 10 to 1:00.
                        Thanks,
                        John

                        From: "Stephanie Edwards-Musa" <Sedwards@...>

                        Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:49:49
                        To:hreg@yahoogroups.com

                        --- In hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg%40yahoogroups.com> com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@...> wrote:

                        > John,
                        > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                        > Thanks!
                        > Maria

                        Try it now.

                        ______________
                        > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                        > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
                        http://tools. <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

                      • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                          Hi John,

                          I can do that.

                          Stephanie Edwards-Musa
                          Realtor®, Certified EcoBroker®
                          Coldwell Banker United, Realtors®
                          1500 Research Forest #200
                          The Woodlands, TX 77381
                          Direct: 281-635-9444
                          Fax: 281-364-8602

                          Do you have enough people for the Expo Booth this weekend?

                          --- In hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg%40yahoogroups.com> com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@...> wrote:

                          > John,
                          > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                          > Thanks!
                          > Maria

                          Try it now.

                          ______________

                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                            One or two people?

                            From: mcgard@...

                            Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:31:56
                            To:hreg@yahoogroups.com

                            From: "Stephanie Edwards-Musa" <Sedwards@...>

                            Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:49:49
                            To:hreg@yahoogroups.com

                            Hi All,

                            Do you have enough people for the Expo Booth this weekend?

                            --- In hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg%40yahoogroups.com> com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@...> wrote:

                            > John,
                            > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                            > Thanks!
                            > Maria

                            Try it now.

                            ______________

                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                              Stephanie,
                              You are wonderfull. The booth is #209. Everything will be there (or under the table). I will call you tomorrow to discuss.
                              Thanks very much for your help.
                              John

                              From: mcgard@flash. net
                              To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
                              Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:31:56 +0000

                              From: "Stephanie Edwards-Musa" <Sedwards@cbunited. com>

                              Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:49:49
                              To:hreg@yahoogroups. com

                              Hi All,

                              Do you have enough people for the Expo Booth this weekend?

                              --- In hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg% 40yahoogroups. com> com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@ ...> wrote:

                              > John,
                              > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                              > Thanks!
                              > Maria

                              Try it now.

                              ____________ __

                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 2, 2008
                                Hi John,

                                Sounds good.  The direct number listed is my mobile...best way to reach me.

                                Talk to you tomorrow!  :)

                                From: mcgard@flash. net
                                To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
                                Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:31:56 +0000

                                From: "Stephanie Edwards-Musa" <Sedwards@cbunited. com>

                                Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:49:49
                                To:hreg@yahoogroups. com

                                Hi All,

                                Do you have enough people for the Expo Booth this weekend?

                                --- In hreg@yahoogroups. <mailto:hreg% 40yahoogroups. com> com, Maria Esselborn <newboxerme@ ...> wrote:

                                > John,
                                > Let me know when you get the times for the Earth Day festival.
                                > Thanks!
                                > Maria

                                Try it now.

                                ____________ __

                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 11, 2008
                                  Maria,
                                  We are still on for tomorrow and the weather looks great. See you there at noon.
                                  John

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 11, 2008
                                    Thanks John.  I look forward to the beautiful day.
                                    If I had a bike I would definitely ride it the 14 miles there like I did last year.
                                    But it broke. I'll be a bit early...see you then.
[...]

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                                  • Michael Ewert
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 13, 2008

                                      On behalf of HREG, I would like to thank all the volunteers who have helped HREG before, during and after this month’s big Earth related events!  We wouldn’t have an organization without dedicated people like you,

                                      Mike Ewert

                                      President