Phoenix EV & Diesel hybrids

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2008
      Hello all,
      The following links are interesting given the rising profits from
      oil
      and the business as normal train of thought. There are people who are
      starting to develop vehicles of their own.

      http://toyotadiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204

      Toyota will be introducing diesel/hybrids starting in 2010. Our
      railroad system uses diesel/electric to move thousands of tons of
      freight every hour in our country. It seems to me that the oil czars
      will continue their business as usual as the general public becomes
      more informed in alternatives. Will there be a confrontation? Stay
      tuned. Personally, I believe that stretching out what we use now is
      the
      next best step in fuel use. By using proven turbo-diesel technology
      married to an electric system is the best of both technologies.
      (VW hybrid diesel = 62 mpg)
      Diesels
      started their history in generating electrical power. Given that and
      the emerging science of bio-fuels whether it be algae-produced or
      cellouse- produced bio diesel. Seems like a "no brainer" to me.
      Imagine
      what could be produced by algae if the fertilizer-rich waste waters
      now
      running into the Gulf (and everywhere else) were to be used for bio-
      fuel production instead? Leaving our oceans and large rivers to
      stabilize and become re-oxygenated?
      Phoenix Motorcars and Altair Technologies are onto something here
      with
      their new batteries. If anything we (as the public) need to ram this
      technology down the new administrations throat, stop the fuel from
      food
      crop mentality and leave the Hydrogen tech. until we are smart enough
      to tap into the next large volcanic event or use geothermal sites for
      LARGE scale electrical generation (Iceland). We seem to have a lot of
      business-minded people in government but none with any BRAINS.
      Instead
      of "no child left behind" it should read "no politician left behind."
      Any thoughts on diesel hybrids and Altair Technologies?
      BTW- The last three days in our Houston-metro area if you noticed the
      wind
      has blown almost a steady 30 mph, think of the lost generation
      potential for wind power in the last 72 hours? It's kind of cool to
      relate the weather to what we could produce in clean generation!

      http://davidanderson.greenoptions.com/2007/03/02/executive-ramblings-
      phoenix-motors-unveils-all-electric-freeway-ready-sport-utility-truck/

      Bill