Solar Cooker Help

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4 4:28 AM

      I am looking for a volunteer to build a simple solar cooker that HREG can display at the RE Expo on April 5 and 6.  Here are the plans:

      http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/CooKit

      It is made of foil and cardboard and works quite well.  I have one but it’s quite old and won’t look good for public display.  If you build one, it’s yours to keep if you want.  I’m just asking you to let HREG borrow it for show.

      If you are willing, please contact me at mkewert@... or 281-326-1853.

      Thank you very much,

      Mike

    • Garth & Kim Travis
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4 6:19 AM
        Yes, the homemade ones do get to looking rather ratty. Ours was so bad
        that friends bought us a sun oven for Yule a couple of years ago.
        However, my old, homemade funnel cooker worked better!
        Bright Blessings,
        Kim

        Michael Ewert wrote:
        > I am looking for a volunteer to build a simple solar cooker that HREG
        > can display at the RE Expo on April 5 and 6. Here are the plans:
        >
        > http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/CooKit
        >
        > It is made of foil and cardboard and works quite well. I have one but
        > it’s quite old and won’t look good for public display. If you build
        > one, it’s yours to keep if you want. I’m just asking you to let HREG
        > borrow it for show.

      • Susan Modikoane
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4 8:43 AM
          I have one that my daughter made for the science fair last year, but it doesn't look like that.  She made it with recycled CD's.

          Michael Ewert <mkewert@...> wrote:
          I am looking for a volunteer to build a simple solar cooker that HREG can display at the RE Expo on April 5 and 6.  Here are the plans:
          It is made of foil and cardboard and works quite well.  I have one but it’s quite old and won’t look good for public display.  If you build one, it’s yours to keep if you want.  I’m just asking you to let HREG borrow it for show.
          If you are willing, please contact me at mkewert@comcast. net or 281-326-1853.
          Thank you very much,
          Mike