Re: [hreg] Special HREG Meeting & Solar Sale

  • Kevin Conlin
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 29, 2008
      Re: [hreg] Special HREG Meeting & Solar Sale I’m not sure I can control that, but hopefully those reading your request will honor it.  If the weather is nice we will be outdoors most of the time, so that should help.  I’ll post a list of what I have before the meeting, and I also have some very old, rare solar panels from Motorola and others that the techies might like to see.  We’ll have some cool systems on hand I also have a Power Point on High Reliabilty Remote Power Systems if anyone is interested.  I’ll also be cooking hot dogs and burgers for the crowd on a grill, Mike suggested some folks might like solar cooking or vegetarian fare, I’m perfectly okay with that, as long as those folks bring the goodies.  I suspect it will be a very lose format, hope to see you there along with others on the list I have never met.

      On 2/29/08 7:52 AM, "Garth & Kim Travis" <gartht@...> wrote:

      Greetings,
      I would love to attend, any chance we could make it a fragrance free event?
      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      mkewert wrote:
      > On Saturday March 8th, Kevin Conlin has graciously invited all of us
      > out to his solar business in Stafford, starting at 11am.  Solarcraft
      > is located at 4007 C Greenbriar, Stafford, TX 77477-4536, (281) 340-1224.

    • Lindsey Honari
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
        Thanks for hosting, Kevin.  I will do my best to be there.

        Lindsey Honari

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2008
          I'm not sure I can control that, but I'm hoping the others who read your request will honor it. It will be outdoors weather permitting, so that should help.

          I will send a list of articles for sale before the meeting.  I will also have some old, rare solar modules the techies might like to see, as well as some cool systems in production.  I have also offered to present a talk I gave at a conference last year if anyone is interested, on Designing High Reliabilty Remote Power Systems.

          Hope to se y'all there!

          Best,  Kevin

          mkewert wrote:
          > On Saturday March 8th, Kevin Conlin has graciously invited all of us
          > out to his solar business in Stafford, starting at 11am. Solarcraft
          > is located at 4007 C Greenbriar, Stafford, TX 77477-4536, (281) 340-1224.

        • Garth & Kim Travis
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
            Do we have times for this? Is it an all day event, or for certain
            hours? What time is the food planned for?
            Bright Blessings,
            Kim

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
              Re: [hreg] Special HREG Meeting & Solar Sale I’m planning to open up about noon, start cooking about 2, maybe finish by 3-3:30.

              I’ll have some small solar modules for sale, $1/watt, a solar 150W solar generator for $200, portable solar modules, small modules for teachers that are free, a collection of “antique” solar modules and other miscellaneous stuff.  I’ll have a large solar trailer set up, a hybrid solar/wind system, and lots of systems in production that are different than anything you will see anywhere else.  It’s all industrial equipment, not home power, but we build some very high quality systems that are a good lesson in solar design.  The engineers and other techies will enjoy it.

              To get to Solarcraft, take the Airport/Kirkwood exit on the Southwest Freeway going south.  Go through the first intersection, Airport, then turn Left on Kirkwood, under the freeway.  Go through the first light, then left at the 3 way stop.  That is Greenbriar, we’re down on the left about 2/3 mile, across from Microwave Networks, our sign is hidden by a tree coming from that direction.  The front doors will be locked, come around to the back, you won’t miss us.  Plenty of parking in back.

              Coming from the East side, take the Beltway around to 59 and proceed as above.

              Hope to finally meet some of y’all that I’ve corresponded with.

              Best Regards,  Kevin

              Greetings,

              --
              Kevin Conlin