RE: [hreg] A PLACE TO GO SEE!

  • Mark Venzke
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 24, 2008
      Thanks, Gary!

      Looks like a great start.

      Oh, what have I become that images of grass-roofed buildings and solar arrays get my heart pounding?  Well, at least this fascination with green architecture is harmless.....and, soon, I hope, productive.

      I have not yet gotten a response from the owner.  I shall let ya all know what I hear when I hear it.

      Mark Venzke

      Gary Beck <eco@...> wrote:
      We visited some friends in Austin this weekend. They still have more green space parks and walkways than Houston but the  sprawl is now amazing!  The old  Bee Cave one stop light zip code is now the Bee Cave The Galleria with Austin style architecture.

      Thanks to HREG I was looking for the 'Eco-Farm' along Hwy71.  I pulled off and snaps these photos from the road.  I have not read the HREG blogs on this so I do not know if anyone knows who is doing it and why.

      Re the road trip, probably worth it especially if you have an invite for access.  I did note an abundance of continuous electric fences (solar powered?) and very clear No Tresspassing signs.

      Gary Beck, P.E., LEED AP

      Engineering and Green Consulting Services
      Eco-Holdings  4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd., Ste 114  Houston, TX 77025
      Tel: 713-377-4209       Fax: 832-201-5338      www.ecoegr.com
      Engineering Services: Inspection of Foundation and Framing Systems;
      Residential, Retail, Commercial, Lodging, Educational, & Governmental
      Design Documents (Blue Prints) Energy Consulting, Low Energy Design
      ECO,...Where Sustainability Is Designed

      EcoFarm on Hwy71 004EcoFarm on Hwy71 006 EcoFarm on Hwy71 005