Re: [hreg] A PLACE TO GO SEE!

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 23 8:54 AM
      I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know when. Evelyn

      Mark Venzke <mv.deziner@...> wrote:
      Thanks for the state park tip, Kim.

      After I get an address for the Industrial Country Market, I can start mapping a route and planning an itinerary.

      Peace,
      Mark Venzke

      Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@txcyber. com> wrote:
      Greetings,
      I do believe that is fairly close to Buescher state park, a beautiful
      place to camp for a day or two.
      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      Mark Venzke wrote:

      > Who would like to join others in a road trip to this place some Saturday
      > or Sunday? We could carpool/caravan. Heck, we might even camp one
      > night. Write to me if you would like some sustainable adventure.
      >
      > Peace,
      > Mark Venzke
      > (nearly an old geezer)

    • Gary Beck
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 24 5:58 PM

        We visited some friends in Austin this weekend. They still have more green space parks and walkways than Houston but the  sprawl is now amazing!  The old  Bee Cave one stop light zip code is now the Bee Cave The Galleria with Austin style architecture.

        Thanks to HREG I was looking for the 'Eco-Farm' along Hwy71.  I pulled off and snaps these photos from the road.  I have not read the HREG blogs on this so I do not know if anyone knows who is doing it and why.

        Re the road trip, probably worth it especially if you have an invite for access.  I did note an abundance of continuous electric fences (solar powered?) and very clear No Tresspassing signs.

        Gary Beck, P.E., LEED AP

        Engineering and Green Consulting Services

        Eco-Holdings  4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd., Ste 114  Houston, TX 77025

        Tel: 713-377-4209       Fax: 832-201-5338      www.ecoegr.com

        Engineering Services: Inspection of Foundation and Framing Systems;

        Residential, Retail, Commercial, Lodging, Educational, & Governmental

        Design Documents (Blue Prints) Energy Consulting, Low Energy Design

        ECO,...Where Sustainability Is Designed

        EcoFarm on Hwy71 004EcoFarm on Hwy71 006 EcoFarm on Hwy71 005

        Mark Venzke wrote:

        > Who would like to join others in a road trip to this place some Saturday
        > or Sunday? We could carpool/caravan. Heck, we might even camp one
        > night. Write to me if you would like some sustainable adventure.
        >
        > Peace,
        > Mark Venzke
        > (nearly an old geezer)

        This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited."
      • Mark Venzke
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 24 7:56 PM
          Thanks, Gary!

          Looks like a great start.

          Oh, what have I become that images of grass-roofed buildings and solar arrays get my heart pounding?  Well, at least this fascination with green architecture is harmless.....and, soon, I hope, productive.

          I have not yet gotten a response from the owner.  I shall let ya all know what I hear when I hear it.

          Mark Venzke