Solar fruit dryer project

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2008

      The Engineers without Borders JSC chapter is designing and building a prototype solar fruit dryer for an orphanage in Rwanda and they are looking for people who would like to help.  They work at University of Houston Clear Lake campus on Saturdays starting at 10am and it’s a lot of fun in addition to being a good cause.  If you would like to learn more, see their website or contact me off list or come on out some Saturday.

      www.ewb-jsc.org

      Mike

      mewert@...

    • Bashir Syed
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2008
        Michael:
        Which Saturday? [No date and detail for meeting place mentioned]

        Bashir A. Syed
        The Engineers without Borders JSC chapter is designing and building a prototype solar fruit dryer for an orphanage in Rwanda and they are looking for people who would like to help.  They work at University of Houston Clear Lake campus on Saturdays starting at 10am and it’s a lot of fun in addition to being a good cause.  If you would like to learn more, see their website or contact me off list or come on out some Saturday.

        www.ewb-jsc. org

        Mike

        mewert@alumni. utexas.net

      • John Miggins
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2008

          good source of info on all things renewable.

          John Miggins

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2008

            Sorry for not providing more details.  Every Saturday this spring folks from EWB-JSC will be working at the field site at UHCL on either the fruit drying project or their water filtering project.  It is pretty informal; people show up and help with different tasks.  But this coming Saturday, March 1st, we plan to have a special design session on the solar crop dryer and alternatives.  If you are interested, let me know and I’ll get you on the EWB mailing list for all the details.

            The regular field location is by the Central Services Building , 602 on this map.

            http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/portal/FMC/BUILDING_PLAN/Campusplan2006.pdf

            Mike

            mkewert@...