Re: [hreg] Talk to your city council or city manager

  • JOHN GARDNER
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
      Well done Mike. Let us know what feedback you get. Did they have any specific questions we need to address when we do this again?
      John

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2008

        No questions. They didn’t discuss it at all, which worried me at first.  But that seemed to be the format of the public comment portion of the meeting – they just listened.  We recognize that we will need to follow up with them if we expect anything to come of it

        Well done Mike. Let us know what feedback you get. Did they have any specific questions we need to address when we do this again?

        John

        Joe Mathews and I went to talk to the Seabrook city council tonight to encourage them to adopt energy efficiency and renewable energy.  We’re not sure what will come of it, but they listened and we feel like we planted a seed.  I have posted the Power Point presentation we used in the files section of our YahooGroup under “Renewable energy for Seabrook”: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hreg/ files/

        I hope others of you will take this or a similar pitch to your city council or city manager.  If you are in Houston , don’t worry about it; Mayor White already gets it.  Let’s spread the news to our whole area.

        ,___