Talk to your city council or city manager

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2008

      Joe Mathews and I went to talk to the Seabrook city council tonight to encourage them to adopt energy efficiency and renewable energy.  We’re not sure what will come of it, but they listened and we feel like we planted a seed.  I have posted the Power Point presentation we used in the files section of our YahooGroup under “Renewable energy for Seabrook”: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg/files/

      I hope others of you will take this or a similar pitch to your city council or city manager.  If you are in Houston , don’t worry about it; Mayor White already gets it.  Let’s spread the news to our whole area.

      Mike

    • sue ruthstrom
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2008
        I heard your talk tonight and felt it was really well received.  Nice presentation.  Sue

        Michael Ewert <mkewert@...> wrote:
        Joe Mathews and I went to talk to the Seabrook city council tonight to encourage them to adopt energy efficiency and renewable energy.  We’re not sure what will come of it, but they listened and we feel like we planted a seed.  I have posted the Power Point presentation we used in the files section of our YahooGroup under “Renewable energy for Seabrook”: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hreg/ files/
        I hope others of you will take this or a similar pitch to your city council or city manager.  If you are in Houston , don’t worry about it; Mayor White already gets it.  Let’s spread the news to our whole area.
        Mike

      • JOHN GARDNER
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
          Well done Mike. Let us know what feedback you get. Did they have any specific questions we need to address when we do this again?
          John

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 9, 2008

            No questions. They didn’t discuss it at all, which worried me at first.  But that seemed to be the format of the public comment portion of the meeting – they just listened.  We recognize that we will need to follow up with them if we expect anything to come of it

            Well done Mike. Let us know what feedback you get. Did they have any specific questions we need to address when we do this again?

            John

            Joe Mathews and I went to talk to the Seabrook city council tonight to encourage them to adopt energy efficiency and renewable energy.  We’re not sure what will come of it, but they listened and we feel like we planted a seed.  I have posted the Power Point presentation we used in the files section of our YahooGroup under “Renewable energy for Seabrook”: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hreg/ files/

            I hope others of you will take this or a similar pitch to your city council or city manager.  If you are in Houston , don’t worry about it; Mayor White already gets it.  Let’s spread the news to our whole area.

            ,___