solar, renewables and responsible investing.....

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2008
      I read a book called Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein. THe books tells the story about how the U.S. has implemented economic policies world wide and the devastating effects that it has caused. After so many years of putting bits and pieces of information together I finally and sadly have the whole picture. Robert suggested the other day I looked at Citizenre as an option for solar. I smiled, as I was one of the first ones to sign up as a rep. I thought what a great concept.... after all we sell Chevys, and have rent a car businesses. I felt with this concept everyone would be able to participate on greening the country even if they did not have the money to buy an entire system. I now have a different opinion on vertical integration and what that means to the local economy...... I strongly suggest everyone read this book. I am now, sooooooo glad I always encouraged people to buy the system and refferd them to Hreg for more information. As far as the investing goes is there anything out there other than Whole Foods ns Gaiam? I do read the Solar today investment page.
      Having said this.... I was wondering if anyone of the solar installers had a plan that would fit the most challenged economically?  If we have to buy the panels from companies outside the U.S. anyway.... how does going solar locally help? Are there any companies in the U.SA. that produce the panels that we should be considering when making a decision?  Evelyn