Forum 2001 in DC (ASES)

  • Jonathan Clemens
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2001
      In response to Chris Mendell's inquiry as to the ins and outs of Washington, DC, I would call Peter Tyler of the Sierra Club Sprawl Committee chairman at 713-861-2202, for he lived in DC for many years.  I regularly brief Peter of happenings in HREG.

      So you all know, the American Solar Energy Society (ASES) hosts an annual conference - Solar 2000, Solar 2002, etc., normally in June.  Every four years, though, it combines the conference with other organizations, as part of a Forum in Washington, DC.  This year's Forum 2001 occurs April 21-25 and is co-sponsored by US DOE, Duke Solar, BP Solar, Austin Energy, and the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association.  There are numerous Participating Organizations - AIA, ASES, SBIC, SEPA, and many more.

      For more information, contact ASES at www.ases.org.  Admission fees are modest ($335 members, $435 non-members), but fees go up after March 15.  One could do a one day attendance at $195.  The workshops, presentations, and lectures are worth the bucks.  I might suggest spending your IRS tax refund on the forum.  American Airlines offers a 10% discount on airfare.

      I may have mentioned it, but ASES 2003 will be hosted in Austin.  Yea!

      Jonathan