Re: [hreg] Altair technologies - Battery- 160 mph@7.9 secs.

  • Roy Holder
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2008
      At 06:33 AM 1/8/2008 -0800, you wrote:
      > William - could that battery be used for
      >a home solar system or wind power system?

      Yes, but the cost is MUCH greater than a comparative lead system for same
      power storage.
      The lithiums are much lighter in weight and can deliver more amps in a
      burst than the leads currently in my car. the dragster in the story could
      not have reached the same speed with lead batteries because of weight.

      I drive a electric car every day and cant wait to swap out the lead batts
      for some lithiums.