Re: [hreg] Re: electric tricycle project

  • Ed Sarlls
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 17, 2007
      Here is another possible source. http://www.homemetalshopclub.org/
      Houston and area machinist - someone may be willing to help with a small
      project.

      Ed Sarlls

      Robert Johnston wrote:

      > Yes, if you google you’ll find one in Huntsville. As noted in my
      > original email, check Boone Cycles, I seem to recall them telling me
      > years ago about one located closer. Maybe no longer true.
      >
      > Robert

    • Tom Ritter
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 17, 2007

        The frame builder in Huntsville to whom you’re referring is Hans Schneider.  You can find him at www.hansschneidercycles.com/.  However, before you do that you may want to call some of the “established” and older bike shops around town.  Boones is one and West End Bicycles is another.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 24, 2007
          If you're thinking of a "farm wagon" to trundle around in the garden -
          Lowes has a grown-up version of the little red wagon that has large
          baloon tires and a cargo load of a couple hundred pounds. You could
          add an electric motor to that.

          Better yet, a new "fad" in EVs is the electric garden tractor - remove
          the briggs & Stratton engine and replace with electric motor &
          batteries.

          That way you could tow a wagon or mow grass without the gasoline
          engine noise.

          Randy

          --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "H.C. Clark" <hcclark@...> wrote:

          > Once you get through Christmas and the electric tricycle, think
          about applying what you learn to a SMALL FARM HARVEST BUGGY. We have
          been talking about something made of two old bike frames that would
          straddle a bed, operate and guide by "push button" and be used for all
          sorts of step saving--a big consideration in market-gardening.

        • Randy Scott
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 24, 2007
            Cool! That looks like a fun club